Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Pretty Neat and made me nervous at the same time

deeraddict

PMA Member
Lady down the street from me has a license to raise orphaned animals. She usually gets a few fawns every spring, gets them raised up and healthy and then is allowed to turn them loose. ( I guess as I have seen them around in years past) Kids saw a deer outside on and around our deck munching on the straw we have to block the wind. Kids went out and were amazed and "friended" the little guy. I added a short clip showing my 4 year old petting it. She was amazed. They showed me this when I got home from work, and before any one bashes me or them for how dangerous this could be I explained to them that although very neat, it could have been very dangerous too. Hope the file works.

Attachments

• IMG_0773.MOV
    835.7 KB · Views: 341
Not dangerous at all now. If there is a buck, be carefull next september, but otherwise, enjoy!

Very cool stuff...neighbor girls when I was a kid growing up had one that was totally domesticated. I think their Dad hit him while cutting hay, and brought him to the barn to heal him up. Used to follow them to the bus and stand there waiting with them like the family dog. It was a button buck, and come fall he was gone.

NWBuck

If someone can convert this to a different type of file that posts easier let me know and I can e-mail it to you.

Deer really are some of the coolest animals in NA in my opinion. I bet your daughter is just gleeiming being able to be that close and pet a live one. Really cool!

We had several growing up, they would follow you around like the dogs. Did have one buck that got pretty big fast and you had to be careful because he wanted to play like always but his antlers would get in the way.

Neat yes, but how might this turn out? Somebody is going to think "deer huntin' sure is easy" when that deer wanders up looking for a treat. Hand-raised bucks can be downright dangerous.

Top Bottom