Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

price of land

But hopefully you can get/have it into Forest Reserve to take the property tax pressure off. That doesn't help making the mortgage payment though.

I'm interested to see how the farm programs are going to be trimmed with the current federal budget issues. Seems prime for the chopping block. CRP is most likely DOA.

It is in Forest Reserve which helps.

Sounds like they want to do away with that here shortly also.

I will also be watching to see what they will do with the farm programs.

Tama

I live in southwest ffice:smarttags" /><?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com
><st1:State w:st=
<ST1:place w:st="on">Iowa</ST1:place></st1:State> and noticed a lot of hunting land seems to be going for around $3500.00 an acre. I am curious what land is going for in other parts of the state. At that rate it is going to be awhile before I buy my paradise. ffice:eek:ffice" /><O:p></O:p>
I know there is 500+ acres near Tama for under $1,000 per acre. Mostly WRP but shows a lot of good potential. Depends what one's wants are.

It is in Forest Reserve which helps.

Sounds like they want to do away with that here shortly also.

I will also be watching to see what they will do with the farm programs.

That's yet another great point on FR program :) .... It's going to make it hard for the guys on here who want to make their dream come true of owning a little slice of wildlife paradise, just puts it further out of reach for many when they raise taxes on that land.

I spent a year straight looking at places 14 years ago. I had to get someone to go in with me just to buy 48 acres of timber. Price was $625 an acre, it cost me $100 a month plus taxes and maint. for 10 years. At the time and maybe still today my wife thinks it was the biggest waste of money ever spent.

I think an average guy working an average job with a wife and kids could no way afford to buy a nice size chunk of ground, I know at todays prices why wife would have told me I was crazy.

The ground next to mine just sold for $2500 an acre to a guy out east.

Bowdude

Just went to a sale Friday morning in SW Iowa. 48 AC. all timber went for
$2,470.00 AC. The tillable went for $4,360.00 AC.

Top Bottom