Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Primos 46 camera

Ive got one of the 46 models and two of the 35s, havent pulled a card off of the 35s yet but I had the 46 out for a little over 2 weeks and it took a little over 200 videos in the 1st 3 days it was out there and then didnt take anything else the rest of the time. Im not sure what the problem was the card wasnt full and it said it had 85% bat. life when I checked it. I didnt realize it had messed up until I got home so I just swapped cards and left it but Ill go get it in a day or two and see if its working again. Have you had any problems with white outs? Mine had about a fourth of the videos were either whited out or way too dark like not all the illuminators were on.

Any more problems with the white outs or any other updates?

Here's a buck that would grab your attention .......big time....
picture.php

Beyond STOOOPID big. I could care less about the pen, the buck still has to grow the antler regardless and this buck has it figured out. Eat your heart out turdy-pointer, there's a new sheriff in town. WOWSERS!!!

UPDATE: I went and pulled the cam that had only worked for the first three days out and to my surprise it worked every since I switched the card and left it got 302 15sec hi res videos in just under a week and it caught me coming in to get it... Now whats wierd is that I had a Truthcam 35 out for almost 3 weeks and when I got to it the batterys were completely dead and the area was TORE UP with sign so I was excited to check the card... only problem is it only took two videos then quit on me like the 46 model did its first time in the woods. The only thing I can think of is that maybe they dont like the cards I put in them. I used sandisk 8gb sdhc cards and Primos says they can be used but the time the 46 worked flawlessly was with a different 8gb card. Once again I didnt realize there was a problem when I was in the woods so I just swapped cards and left it. This is getting real old, hopefully I can just use different cards and get by.

Thanks for the update...are you happy with the quality of the videos? also, for the money, are you happy with the 35?

Last edited:
You know Im not sure yet, Ill have to wait till I check it again to see if its just the card or whats going on. But when they work they work good, theyre a little on the slow side but for bait, mineral, or scrapes I think theyre a dang good IR cam for the money. I like running videos and the downside to the 46 is that the shortest video it will take is 15sec, the 35 will do a 10sec which is much better. I would say theyre being a little generous when they give them the IR flash range but theyre no worse than the DLC Covert IIs.

I have 2 TC46s and 1 TC35 and for the money I would buy another TC35 for sure. I have had a couple of minor issues getting my TC46s to work properly at night and end up with some whiteout shots. I've had stills and videos on both and the TC35 is nearly as good as the TC46 IMO.

If you are having issues with the TCs I've found that formatting the SD card seemed to help with it recording properly. For some reason the default directories on each card is different across each camera for some reason. Yes ... different directories on the card from one TC46 to the next, as well as the TC35.

If you are having issues with the TCs I've found that formatting the SD card seemed to help with it recording properly. For some reason the default directories on each card is different across each camera for some reason. Yes ... different directories on the card from one TC46 to the next, as well as the TC35.

I formatted the card in the 46 and it was a brand new card and camera, I dont honestly remember if theres a format option on the 35 but if there is Im sure I did it

Nanny, your close...........he's a 4 year old, last year he scored 230's. His g2 last year on his right side was 15 4/8". I also filmed him in November of last year, and at that time I'm sure he was all of 350 pounds !

Top Bottom