Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Primos Bloodhunter

caleb

Anyone had any experiance with this yet, just curious if it works. I have a lot of faith in Primos products and haven't known them to market many gimmicks. They have a video about it on Cabelas.com and it loked like it might work. Just want to hear some feedback before I drop 60 bones on another flashlight.

If this is what I think it is. The red/Blue/White flash light. A buddy had one with when I shot my bear. We followed the tracking string right to my bear, but then while we field dressing it he followed the blood a ways and flipped it on.
It makes blood appear black. It is noticable but it doesnt "jump out" at you.

Personally I wouldnt waste my money on this, if you want something good go buy a 4-D Cell Maglite and you'll have something you can really use....For a club, pry-bar, hammer...What ever you need. Last year I used a LED white light, 2-C batteries. Still dont know which I prefer the White LED, or the big maglite.

Dean

[ QUOTE ]
If this is what I think it is. The red/Blue/White flash light. A buddy had one with when I shot my bear. We followed the tracking string right to my bear, but then while we field dressing it he followed the blood a ways and flipped it on.
It makes blood appear black. It is noticable but it doesnt "jump out" at you.

Personally I wouldnt waste my money on this, if you want something good go buy a 4-D Cell Maglite and you'll have something you can really use....For a club, pry-bar, hammer...What ever you need. Last year I used a LED white light, 2-C batteries. Still dont know which I prefer the White LED, or the big maglite.

Dean

[/ QUOTE ]

mag lite is as much as a necessity as a sharp knife.

White LED's work great for me!!
waytogo.gif

Mag lite all the way. Tried white, blue, red LED, gerber blood tracker. Nothing works as good as a mag lite in my opinion.

dang, good thing for this post, i forgot to get new batteries for my maglite.

another good blood light, the ol' coleman lantern

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone had any experiance with this yet, just curious if it works. I have a lot of faith in Primos products and haven't known them to market many gimmicks. They have a video about it on Cabelas.com and it loked like it might work. Just want to hear some feedback before I drop 60 bones on another flashlight.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess I've heard a few good things about it but it's one of those things that I will wait a year to see what happens.

[ QUOTE ]
dang, good thing for this post, i forgot to get new batteries for my maglite.

another good blood light, the ol' coleman lantern

[/ QUOTE ]

Also a good misquito attractant! AHH I HATE THEM DAMN THINGS! haha

We do our best tracking at night with the ole coleman. Seems to help it show up and almost glow abit.

I believe the primos is red and green light. I will not drop 60 on it, atleast not until I try simply holding a red and green light together first, lol

[ QUOTE ]
Get a surefire!

[/ QUOTE ]

Surefire = a sure-fire way to rid your pocket of a lot of $$$...I'll stick to the maglite

Bahh.. All this talk of tracking.... Bahh...

Just shoot em and drop them in there tracks....

Isnt that what everyone does??
smirk.gif

Dean

Idk..I guess if you are red/green color blind like I am..anything to help would be great...usually I follow blood trails and can only see the blood on brown leaves so i usually think the hit is bad, well everyone else sees the gushing trail, and practically run to the deer. I am trying a blood light this year, I beleive its a gerber...I had it given to me, and hope to put it to use tomorrow night...

Dude, I got one at Cabela's last weekend. On sale too! We used it when Hare shot his buck. It works fine, but it takes a bit to get used to. The blood does show up better, that is no doubt! But, if you can imagine all the shadows that show up at night, they turn into red. It is hard to explain, but the thing does work. It is best if you look ahead at least 6-8 feet. I would like to try a better blood trail, so shoot one and we will use it!

4 d cell maglite with the LED conversion light bulb, can't beat it sucker is bright! and the read blood just pops out in the dark.

Top Bottom