Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Primos Customer Service

bigbuckhunter88

PMA Member
Well it is sad, but it has come to the time where good customer service is an oddity instead of the norm. I purchased a Primos 60 Camera last year when it was on sale at Scheels. I am horrible at registering for warranties and completely forgot to at the time. It was late August and I was more concerned with getting the camera on a fence post and getting pics. Well it has a 1 year warranty on it and last week I went to check it. Everything looked great, had 900 pics on it. I pulled the card, was uploading them onto my computer(in the truck) and went to put the card back and the screen was blank. Well I messed with it for 15 minutes, tried new batteries, new card, nothing worked. I had other cameras to check and called Primos customer service on the way, I had 7 people to wait through. After getting frustrated I hung up and called back in 10 minutes. I still had 5 people to wait through but I decided to stick it out. After a few minutes(much faster than I anticipated) someone who spoke English answered and asked what the problem was. I told him, he asked me if I tried new batteries and everything and I told him. He then asked when I bought it and I told him, and then he asked if I registered for a warranty. I thought this is where it was gonna turn for the worse. I told him no and he said "no big deal". He told me to send it in with the account number he gave me and they would send me a brand new camera. I had to pay the shipping to them, but that was it. I was expecting it to take a month or more if they would even send one due to not having a warranty, but within 7 days I had a brand new, in the package Primos Truth 60 camera at my door. Just thought I would inform anyone interested in some good customer service.

If you bought it at Scheels you should have taken it back there. Their warranty and customer service has always been 125% awesome for me. I took a 2 year old completely dead Moultrie back there a.d They gave me store credit, Yahtzee!

muddy said:
If you bought it at Scheels you should have taken it back there. Their warranty and customer service has always been 125% awesome for me. I took a 2 year old completely dead Moultrie back there a.d They gave me store credit, Yahtzee!

Did you work there once?

Cooter

Sent from my phone on IW

If I wouldn't have been able to send it to Primos I would have definitely done that. Scheels has been good to me, but I wanted the exact same camera and they only had the display left at a discounted price. I figured if Primos was good for their word I would get a brand new camera and my brother was contemplating buying the display for 117 instead of 179. So thats why I went the route I did. I'm giving my brother a week to jump on the display camera, and if he doesn't buy it I'm adding another primos 60 to my arsenal if it is still there.

That's good to hear BBH88! It's always nice (no matter what the product) to have the company stand behind it and be proud of what they offer! Don't have any of their cams, but I have always enjoyed primos products and vids!

I thought maybe you had some connections still:D

I know a few people there but that doesn't mean I can walk in and get special treatment, all returns/exchanges still have to be approved by the managers. Seriously, a lot of people hate Scheels but I dont' see why, if a person walks in with a return and a legit honest answer they're going take care of you as much as they can. Sure I didn't get money back on that POS Moultrie but they gave me a gift card and I bought a Badlands Monster Fanny... that was freaking sweet! :drink2:

[QUOTE=muddy;429733Monster Fanny... that was freaking sweet! :drink2:

Hmmm :rolleyes: didn't know you were into that mud? :grin:

Their customer service is excellet at Primos! A well run company. I know of at least twice that Will Primos answered the call himself, not many owners still strive to make that attempt to talk with the public about their products.

I know a few of the customer service guys. the primos factory is about 20 mins from my house. nice guys. I live 1 mile away from Brad Farris

Last year, after I got my DB Darkhorse for Christmas, a buckle broke on one of the carry bag's straps as I was adjusting it. I called and asked if they could send me a new buckle. They sent me a completely new carry bag instead and I got it within 3 or 4 days of calling. I was very impressed!

I know a few people there but that doesn't mean I can walk in and get special treatment, all returns/exchanges still have to be approved by the managers. Seriously, a lot of people hate Scheels but I dont' see why, if a person walks in with a return and a legit honest answer they're going take care of you as much as they can. Sure I didn't get money back on that POS Moultrie but they gave me a gift card and I bought a Badlands Monster Fanny... that was freaking sweet! :drink2:

I can't agree more with Muddy on Scheels customer service. I have taken several things back and they haven't really ever gave me a problem at all. Even took a muzzleloader back a year later after the dipped barrel on a T/C triumph had started to chip off after being shot 10 times. I don't know where you could find a place that would take back a gun like that. I was shocked.

Glad to hear someone has good customer service. I had a stealth cam break. I sent it back for a new one in march. The new one they sent me doesn't work. Just called and she tried to tell me the one year warranty expires after the time I purchased the FIRST camera! What a joke! That one year warranty should start over for every new camera I have to go through the hassle of sending back. And to make it worse the lady kept cutting me off when I tried to explain the situation. After a heated talk they did agree to send me a new one, but we'll see how it works. Grrrrrrr

spitndrum said:
I know a few of the customer service guys. the primos factory is about 20 mins from my house. nice guys. I live 1 mile away from Brad Farris

Does brad have a daughter? Get with her you might get on the primos videos! Ha-ha!:)

I too had a great experience with Primos a few weeks ago. The rodents chewed off the rubber cover for the card on my Primos cam and the little rubber cap on the bottom of my Scout Guard. I emailed both companies and told them of my problem. I had an email from Primos within an hour saying that they will mail me a replacement part. I heard nothing from Scout Guard. Within two days I had the part from Primos and a day after that I received a second one from Primos. I'm guessing that was an accident but I was pleased.

Scout Guard on the other had has yet to contact me in any way even though I have sent another email to their customer service explaining my need. I need to call them but last time I couldn't understand a word they said.:confused:

I sent Primos a thank you email for their great customer service!:way:

Top Bottom