Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Prior To ..........

C

Christo13

Went up and looked at my mount today. All that needs to be done is final make up.
smile.gif
If you remember, when I shot this deer in November he had a wound from a week earlier when my bubby had shot him. The cape was in bad shape so I had to ditch it but the taxi. luckily had an extra one that I was able to use. The deer really looks tiny with the under sized cape.
crazy.gif
I guess you get what you get.

5067prior-med.JPG

That sucks that you couldnt have used your regular cape. Thats a big deer though...at least you got any extra cape. Who did your work?

Being a taxidermist's son, you see deer mounts all the time. Fitting big horns in a small cape does not always look great. The cape is beautiful and the work is great but it still looks a little funny with that small neck. Like I said you get what you get.
grin.gif
I'm happy with it. The boy who mounted it is out of New Windsor, Maryland, yes I'm a Maryland resident. I will post the finished product in about a week.

I totally understand. He did a good job making a different cape work. Good mount.

Top Bottom