Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Private Property - Remove Stand Please.

not sure if it was Sauer or not, but I clearly remember someone posting the "OVERALL AERIAL" photo during bow season and asking where they should put up a stand.

For the record. A guy I work with decided to yank some stands off a fenceline because the way they were hung too close to his stand. This is a multiple people hunting the same land deal. He did the ziplock baggy thing with a note. The county sheriff was the only one to show up and told him he could write him a ticket for stealing...he ended up giving the stands back and it turned out to be the final straw for the landowner, so now no-one can hunt that ground. My co-worker lives in the area and strickly bowhunts, so the shotgun hunters in the area (who can no longer hunt that land) are less than happy with him.

Regardless, it's bad enough situation...I'd check with the proper authorities before taking the stands because there's no reason to throw gas on a fire:way:

I didn't post any aerial photos during bow season. Myself and the land owner discovered these stands during late muzzy and again while shed hunting this spring. I am not taking the stands down with out the okay from the land owner, but I will say that we are on the same page.

I didn't post any aerial photos during bow season. Myself and the land owner discovered these stands during late muzzy and again while shed hunting this spring. I am not taking the stands down with out the okay from the land owner, but I will say that we are on the same page.

You may want to look through the archives on here for potential leads then, because I'm fairly sure these same aerials were posted during season by someone asking where to hang a stand. I remember thinking the area around one of the stands locations was pinpointed as a great spot to hang. I'm also sure the person was accessing the public land because I remember thinking it would be one hell of a long walk.

well I pretty much just wasted my lunch hour trying to help you out. I started on page 55 and worked my way to page one. Never saw the post in the Iowa Whitetail Conference...maybe it was else where or I'm dreaming.

sorry man, I tried.

Geesh- I am very thankful I own my own land and I can do whatever I want. Heck- I could bulldoze a tree down with a stand or invite a nudist colony to camp out under it. I hope u figure it out. Great if u get landowner support! I am honestly not sure how I'd handle a stand on my land? Pry take down w/note and put a hidden cam out to identify. Now- if I catch a poacher or trespasser?!? U ever see the guy on "silence of the lambs" that puts people in that pit in his house and later wears their skin?!?!? :)

I am honestly not sure how I'd handle a stand on my land? Pry take down w/note and put a hidden cam out to identify. Now- if I catch a poacher or trespasser?!? U ever see the guy on "silence of the lambs" that puts people in that pit in his house and later wears their skin?!?!? :)

Except my stand(s) Skip. Please leave those where they are! :D

Apparently I'm not the "Internet troll" that you think I am...you've made one post on this entire thread and I asked a simple question...who are you to come back with this? This is a pretty bias topic as it seems everyone is always for taking the stands...don't forget we are all humans and make mistakes...maybe someday the world will revolve around you buddy ;)
Well first I'm not your buddy, second every post you had made except one was defending people A either leaving stands on public ground or B this thread where you seem to condone people trespassing??? Rules are rules, they are meant for everyone. As for the world revolving around me, your way off base, but that's the typical troll response when there's nothing else to fall back on.

and, if you are going to hunt public or private lands, its YOUR responsibility to know the boundries.

ignorance of the law, is no excuse
And when the property in question has had no hunting allowed for 25yrs, you've done been runoff several times, claiming you didn't know doesn't fly either. Sometimes, ya gotta throw a stick of dynamite on the fire to put it out. Every situation is different, dealt with this in MO, video and pics of faces on the web tend to put an end to roadhuntin/trespassing. Whomever has the sherriff that said stands on their property couldn't be taken by the landowner or it'd be stealing, should be lookin at the sherriff as the problem IMHO cause that info is way off base.

Top Bottom