Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Problems with coyotes??

Buckmaster14

Went out the other evening with my gf at the edge of dark to see if i could let her hear turkeys gobbling for the first time. I took her down to a spot where, for the past 5 years, turkeys always roost in the spring. I normally have good luck getting shock gobbles with an owl hooter, and if that doesnt work, a crow call will normally get at least a hen stirred up, but neither worked.

Just before dark, i was convinced that either the birds either werent gobbling or their werent any on the property that night... on occasion they will roost deeper on the neighboring property. I gave one last owl hoot... and was answered by a howl of a coyote just down the hill. We had one run by us walking down earlier that evening... she said " look a dog!" i knew if i told her the truth she would freak, so i let her believe as such... ;)

I killed 4 coyotes on this property during deer season, but saw turkeys as well, more so than i did deer.

What gives??

Top Bottom