Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Proper arrows

pirate_06_00

I am in the mood for shopping for new carbon arrows. I am looking for 29" carbon arrows to carry 100 grain broadheads. I shoot 63 lbs golden eagle bow. What insight from the pros can I get.

Easton Axis
peace.gif

I second the Eastons Axis. I have shot gold tips for years and glad I switched.

HT

[ QUOTE ]
I second the Eastons Axis. I have shot gold tips for years and glad I switched.

HT

[/ QUOTE ]

What are the benefits of the Easton Axis?

I have always had problems getting my broad heads to shoot good groups with GTs I tried everything with them. I would buy a dozen and number each one and was lucky if I could get 4 to shoot in the same group. I bought the Axis this year put my broadheads on them and they all shot consistantly in the same place. I know lots of people that shoot GTs and swear by them but my experience was not good.

Not to mention I know of two instances where arrows broke on release. One at a local range; the arrow shattered and drove into the shooter's hand. Don't know if it was the arrows or shooters fault. Of course any previously damaged arrow has the potential to do this.

Just my experience.

HT

GoldTip 55/75 for hunting. If your into competitive target shooting, maybe something more expensive, but they are just a good, tough hunting arrow. I have several in my quiver that have 2-3 deer a piece to their credit. Just my 2 cents.

Top Bottom