Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

public hunt

D

deerman

Just wondering if there are any public hunting land open to just bow hunting alone? In Mo.,near Hannibal,There is some public hunting land that is bowhunting only.It make It nice for my 3 brothers during the gun season down there.

Almost certain there aren't, but blindsow would know for certain.

There are some urban bow hunt zones that are limited to bow, but those aren't necessarily public lands. In fact, in some cities public lands are closed, so would need to get permission to hunt private land within the zone. Urban hunts are limited to antlerless only for at least an initial kill (since population control is the reason for the hunt), but in some cases buck tags are available as an incentive after taking a prescribed number of antlerless.

There are several areas that have restrictions, such as around Saylorville lake. I think the Polk City side is Bow only, and the other side is Bow or ML only. Of course as said previously, most urban areas open to hunting are bow only but that usually means doe only too, which is ok with me.

Top Bottom