Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Public Land Deer Hunting

bbrune53

Hi. First time posting on any type of forum. I'm from Missouri and I've been hunting first gun season on my buddy's 80 acres for 5 years now. I love hunting in Iowa! Everyone is very friendly and there is never a dull moment! I was on Iowa DNR website and came across IHAP (Iowa Hunting and Access Program). Does anybody have any expierence hunting on these types of properties? Are they crowded during gun season? If the hunting is slow on my buddies place I was thinking about trying public land a day or two.

Mitymite said:
Here is my suggestion. Stay the hell out of Iowa!

Do you own the land??? Um no don't think so! Did he ask for a smart a$$ no don't think so! He simply ask for advice. You should live in Arkansas where behind every tree from nov 20 till jan there's a duck hunter from out of state part of having good hunting ground. You should be thankful you have it!

On behalf of the other 99.9% of us Iowegians who do not share this attitude, I apologize for "mightymite's" immature & assinign comment. I can't answer your question because I have not hunted public land for many years but I can assure you that whomever the hell "mightymite" is he/she is not representative of iowans. Welcome & good luck... "Mighty" immature & "mite" be a moron...

A lot of those ihap sites are brand new and havent seen a gun season yet. My guess is they wont be too bad during the week. Not as many people kniw about them yet.

Its more like 80% of the people here in this state think my way. Dumbass people from out of state come in with just doe tags and shoot big bucks. Most of the time they get away with it too. I figured a doctor(someone who owns a shit load of ground and doesnt have to worry about out of staters) and an out of stater would comment to that post.

Mitymite said:
Its more like 80% of the people here in this state think my way. Dumbass people from out of state come in with just doe tags and shoot big bucks. Most of the time they get away with it too. I figured a doctor(someone who owns a shit load of ground and doesnt have to worry about out of staters) and an out of stater would comment to that post.

Yea I would bc I own land beside public land an ppl gun hunt for 7 days out of the year. No I don't like a lot of things the do but part of it. An like I said come to Arkansas where every Tom dick an Harry think that's the only place to duck hunt. Part of having good hunting, something you should be proud of. You can hunt it all the time.

Top Bottom