Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Public Land Pics

They all look young to me. Better let them grow some more. Jk. Those are great bucks. Good luck and please share some photos if you're lucky enough to harvest one.

Nice bucks for sure.

But I would say the most frustrating thing for me, a fellow public land hunter, is to hike way off the beaten path to a good spot and find a mineral lick.

With the amount of salt/mineral you have in the ground at those spots you have made it illegal to hunt any where close for decades.

Nice bucks for sure.

But I would say the most frustrating thing for me, a fellow public land hunter, is to hike way off the beaten path to a good spot and find a mineral lick.

With the amount of salt/mineral you have in the ground at those spots you have made it illegal to hunt any where close for decades.

I have never done it. However IMHO mineral licks do not matter once fall comes. After summer deer do not have the need for mineral and tend to not even go to mineral sites. Mineral sites are great for pictures in the summer when deer need the extra mineral for their racks but once fall comes they become dead.

I have never done it. However IMHO mineral licks do not matter once fall comes. After summer deer do not have the need for mineral and tend to not even go to mineral sites. Mineral sites are great for pictures in the summer when deer need the extra mineral for their racks but once fall comes they become dead.
I agree with you 100 percent. But that won't stop a CO from writing tickets for anyone set up around mineral.

Nice bucks for sure.

For all we know, ben may have the mineral on the private side of the fence, so I won't be an Internet CO.

But I wondered if someone would say this, because I have got to agree with you on that. Nothing worse than walking in to public land to set up and running across a mineral lick. It gives you absolutely zero advantage in the fall, but still makes a guy "illegal." I wish mineral would be legalized and baiting kept illegal. Even in that scenario, I'd still keep it off public land.

At any rate, awesome pics!! I hope you continue to share and let us know which one you kill this fall! Good luck!

For all we know, ben may have the mineral on the private side of the fence, so I won't be an Internet CO.

But I wondered if someone would say this, because I have got to agree with you on that. Nothing worse than walking in to public land to set up and running across a mineral lick. It gives you absolutely zero advantage in the fall, but still makes a guy "illegal." I wish mineral would be legalized and baiting kept illegal. Even in that scenario, I'd still keep it off public land.

At any rate, awesome pics!! I hope you continue to share and let us know which one you kill this fall! Good luck!

You couldn't have said it any better

Top Bottom