Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Public Land Problem!

I

IowaBuckSlayer2013

Okay so for the last week I have been hunting my same stand location and at the same time everyday a guy and his girlfriend come walking in both in blaze orange. They spot me in my stand everyday and get about 100 yards from me and unload there shotgun.... Now I am starting to get annoyed because this is the same area I have been seeing a lot of deer movement. Now with them blasting away every time they see me I have stopped seeing deer in that area morning afternoon or evening. I'm about ready to let an arrow fly into his butt. Is there any chance that if I report them to the CO that they might be warned not to fire that close to me in my stand. Both are shooting automatic black short stocked tactic shotguns. I'm about ready to pull stands and move on.

Wonder if this would fall under "hunter harassment"? Might ask the CO about that, but probably tough to prove.

I just placed a call with the CO.... Waiting for a call back. Next time I will have my video camera ready and film the whole thing. It's the same thing everyday. I am starting to think that is why other hunters have stopped coming there. Used to see several trucks during the week now nothing.

Might not hurt to move places!!! Deer probably r getting use to u n r avoiding the area not to mention your friends shooting everyday... :)

Might not hurt to move places!!! Deer probably r getting use to u n r avoiding the area not to mention your friends shooting everyday... :)

That would be okay but meaning how small the public hunting boundaries are there they can cover the whole park in little over 40 minutes.

I just think it's going to take a visit and warning from the CO to fix the problem. And if he says hes hunting pheasant or waterfowl hes in the wrong area. No birds in the timbers......

Okay so for the last week I have been hunting my same stand location and at the same time everyday a guy and his girlfriend come walking in both in blaze orange. They spot me in my stand everyday and get about 100 yards from me and unload there shotgun.... Now I am starting to get annoyed because this is the same area I have been seeing a lot of deer movement. Now with them blasting away every time they see me I have stopped seeing deer in that area morning afternoon or evening. I'm about ready to let an arrow fly into his butt. Is there any chance that if I report them to the CO that they might be warned not to fire that close to me in my stand. Both are shooting automatic black short stocked tactic shotguns. I'm about ready to pull stands and move on.

Probably shouldn't let an arrow fly into his butt.... However, that gave me a good laugh!!

They say its 45 acres but I say only 10 acres is public rest is off limits.

If they know you are there and are doing it on purpose (which sounds like they are), it's definitely hunter harassment. You are well within your rights to report it and hope the CO can figure out who is doing it and make it stop. It would be interesting to find out exactly what they are 'hunting'.

There hunting nothing. I finally got down and went to talk to them. There here from Wisconsin and are waiting for shotgun season to start. That's there reason for being in the timbers. SCOUTING as he claims.

There hunting nothing. I finally got down and went to talk to them. There here from Wisconsin and are waiting for shotgun season to start. That's there reason for being in the timbers. SCOUTING as he claims.

Still sounds very fishy. Sure hope they're "scouting" with bird shot and not slugs. I'd still inform the co if I were you.

Sounds like during shotgun season I would be in there squirrel hunting every day all day long..

They are here now till shotgun? And scouting with guns and orange? That is bold faced bs. Let co handle it.

Something is off here, how/why do they scout with orange and firing off shotguns?

You made the right call getting in touch with the CO.

Top Bottom