Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Public Land

Lannywarren

Hi guys my name is Lanny and I'm an Air Force retiree and I recently built a home in the Council Bluffs area and I'm looking for some public land to bowhunt I would really appreciate any advice, suggestions or information you could throw my way. I do realize bowhunters can be somewhat territorial so anything would truly be appreciated. Thank you

Lanny, appreciate your service! Although I am from SW Iowa I am not real familiar with public land close to the CB area. There should be plenty of guys though who can point you in the right direction.

I know there's a good sized public timber just northeast of council bluffs on 191 that some nice deer have came out of. Not sure on how much pressure it gets but it's surrounded by hills that are privately owned. Maybe if you took a hike back in there and checked it out you might find what your looking for. Have you tried getting away from the city and knocking on doors? I live about an hour east of council bluffs and there are plenty of farmers that want the deer thinned. I would be willing to bet if you got a plat book and took a Saturday drive you might be surprised what you come up with.

Lanny, I know there's a local archery club that's always looking for new members, PM me if your interested.

How far from CB are you willing to drive? I live there too and travel up to Harrison county to hunt and know of few good pieces of public ground that I've hunted on. One of which actually boarders some of my families property.

Thanks everyone , I really do appreciate you guys sharing information with me. I'm very grateful!!! Yeah I'm willing to go an hour or so , so if anyone ever needs help tracking or getting one out please get in touch with me and if I'm not at work I'm more than willing to help you. And if you pm me I will just give you my email and cell number...... Thank you again. And if you have more info I'm more than willing to listen.......lol

Anyone else with any info? You guys have been really awesome and have given some great advice.... Thank you each and every one

Top Bottom