Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

QDM Pays Off Again!!

All, I passed on many nice deer this year during shotgun season trying to find one to meet our management criteria (Shooter=2 of the following: Good Mass, 10" Tines, Wide as their ears). Finally on tuesday morning during the first drive I was rewarded for patience with a dandy main frame 10pt. with a few scorable kickers to make him a 14pt. I can't say enough about letting those little ones grow and shooting those does!! The hunting on our farm has been awesome since we started our management efforts 6 years ago. I will email a picture to be posted shortly!! Check out the mass on this Hawg!!! Later T$

Here he is.......nice buck!

Great to see your son again, he is getting famous in his own right.

Congrats!

Thunder.jpg

Good Job! Lots of people have a hard time passing those 2.5 year old bucks that look really good but still need another year or two of growth to become a real dandy.

Nice buck!
It looks like this will be a "doe year" for me. I already shot one during early muzzleloader on my landowners tag, passed up everything during slug season looking for a monster, and now I am waiting to fill an antlerless tag during late muzzleloader with some buddies.
Again...congratulations on an awesome deer!

Good luck and good hunting!

-GunnerJon

Way to go! QDM has great potential, especially in a state like Iowa.

If you think Iowa has lots of big bucks now just keep watching as more and more 'deer hunters' start letting the small bucks walk and become 'deer managers'.

Personally, I take a lot more pride in putting an any sex tag on a big doe at the end of the season than in putting it on a buck I don't intend to put on the wall. Every year I talk to more and more hunters doing the same thing.

So far this season on my farm we have taken 6 does and no bucks. One young hunter first took his first deer with a gun and then his first deer with a bow. Both were wise, old, mature does. Talk about a happy new hunter!

Top Bottom