Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Quad City Walleye tournament

JNRBRONC

QC Walleye tourney

Fishing: Quad Cities get walleye event

By Juli Probasco-Sowers • Register Staff Writer • May 30, 2008

A walleye tournament next year in the Quad Cities will offer more than $1 million in money and prizes.

FLW Outdoors will bring the Wal-Mart BFL All-American walleye championships to the Mississippi River on May 29-30, 2009.

The championships will create a spotlight on regular walleye anglers, tournament officials said Thursday.

Coverage will be broadcast to 81 million Fox Sports Net subscribers in the United States as part of the "FLW Outdoors" television program.
Advertisement

The Quad Cities have hosted FLW tournaments in the past, but this is one of the largest tournaments on the fishing tour, according to Joe Taylor, president and CEO of the Quad Cities Convention and Visitors Bureau.

"There could be anywhere from 25,000-50,000 people drawn to the area," he said.

BFL competitors are made up of 54 professional anglers and 54 co-anglers, amateurs who do not fish professionally.

Anglers will compete for top awards of $140,000 in the Boater Division and $70,000 in the Co-angler Division.

The Bassmaster Elite Series bass tournament also will be held in Iowa next summer, June 26-29 in Fort Madison.

The Bassmasters Elite Series in Fort Madison is THIS summer June 26th-29th. Not next summer. Only 10 minutes from my place. Anyone else going to make the trip down and watch the weigh-ins? Im going to sit at my honey hole and see how many fish get picked out of it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Iowa1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'll look for you on ESPN. </div></div>
Thats my goal for the weekend. My brother was ESPN the other day at the CUBS game. Him and 3 other guys had ESPN wrote on their stomachs when it was like 32 degrees the other day. Earned them a spot on T.V. Now its my turn.

Maybe ill hold up a big sign that says IOWA WHITETAIL FOR LIFE lol /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif Although the place ill be sitting at is in Illinois. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

Top Bottom