Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Quality of photo question

Daver

PMA Member
I have a general interest question for those of you that use digital cameras. How important is the quality of the picture for you? In other words, is it worth it to spend for "extra" megapixels or are you satisified with capturing the animal(s) on film at say 1.3 megapixels.

I set my camera on "low quality" to get more pictures, but I wonder if others think that same way or not. Also, I just set my camera out Friday again so hopefully I will have some "survivor" pictures soon.
grin.gif

I tend to think the 1.3 MP cameras do just fine in adaquate lighting but the pictures get real grainy when there is low light. The cameras I am building use a 4.1 MP camera and I put it on the 3MP setting with some pretty good results. As far as trail cameras go, I don't think you can go wrong with the 1.3 cameras unless you are trying to win a contest or something. Importance for me to have the high mp camera...You could make an argument for them either way.

Top Bottom