Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Quality ofHunting:

loneranger

I hunted up in Northern Lower MI for years and deer sightings were few and far most seasons. If you did see something it was very spookedIhunted Nat.forest,,ORV"S,target practic,and in the fall,many,many hunters. For a chaange I booked a bow hunt in the blk Hills. Threethousand acre catle ranch. What an eye opener! Deer all over,long before dark, and big ones too.Just like you see in the Hunting shows. Moving to IA, was somewhere in between. First season I saw many yearlings,couple nice bucks,strolled much before dark. Then new neighbors moved in. More activity around. Dog problems this year. Less deer/buck sightiings. After reading hunt experiences on here,and watching these TV/Hunt shows I have come to the conclusion, that the quality of hunting is directly proportionate to the amount of human disturbance. Especially when it comes to seeing older,wiser animals. Even a large acreage, unfenced,but just with limited human activity, is different compared to smaller acreages,sandwitched between human activity. I know deer get used to some human presence, but they do respond to more disturbance. I have watched does and young bucks on my land and when the neighbors are out doing something, they keep a close eye on what they are doing,,even from a distance. What do you think?

Top Bottom