Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Quartering a Deer

[FONT=Times New Roman,serif][FONT=Segoe UI,sans-serif][FONT=Times New Roman,serif][FONT=Cambria,serif]deer carcasses must be whole from the time it is harvested until it is where it is going to be for processing (garage, locker, etc).

This is the part I am having a hard time with.... That statement is so open ended its killing me. Again, no where in the Iowa Regs does it say where you must process your deer. NO WHERE... :grin: I really think you were fed a line of bull....

:D
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

I'm with you on this THA, but the whole reason I emailed them is because I did call a CO, and more specifically the one who oversee's the county that I was hunting in and planning on quartering the deer out in and he said that I would be ticketed every time. I don't understand why, and he didn't give me an explanation. He was getting snippy and just kept saying it was illegal, and I was getting as snippy when I said "Why" or "Where does it say that". I ended up taking his word for it and the email is basically summing up what he said. So now I'm gonna have to assume that that is the law. I'll give ya his number if ya want.
Oh btw, I'm not too picky on beer either. :drink1:

Well I can tell you, that sometimes on my land, back in the middle of it,,by myself, as I usually am, I have taken the meat off the carcass and put it into bags to transport to the road and vehicle. I have a cart, but my back is old and twisted with Scoliosis. I don't care what the IDNR says. The deer is legally taken,legally reported, tagged,,what more does Big Brother want? Good Grief!

loneranger said:
Well I can tell you, that sometimes on my land, back in the middle of it,,by myself, as I usually am, I have taken the meat off the carcass and put it into bags to transport to the road and vehicle. I have a cart, but my back is old and twisted with Scoliosis. I don't care what the IDNR says. The deer is legally taken,legally reported, tagged,,what more does Big Brother want? Good Grief!

Exactly!!! X2

Top Bottom