Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Question about 3D shoots?

Monsterbuck

I went to the 3D shoot sponsored at the Ames Isaac Walton League last weekend and I have to say it was pretty disappointing. Now I'm new to these 3D shoots and the only other shoot I had been to was the Mid Iowa Archers shoot three weeks ago but man what a difference.

Aty the MIA shoot there was some good food and cold drinks available at the clubhouse and also cold drinks available at the midwaypoint on the course. In contrast at the Ames shoot they didn't have any food or concessions other than a pop machine at the clubhouse. It was a pretty warm day and I was looking forward to something to drink at the mid point but of course there wasn't anything available. When I got back to the clubhouse there wasn't even anybody around to collect scorecards, the place was empty and people were just leaving their scorecards on a table.

Also, being new to 3D I don't expect to be a top finisher but I would like to know the scores so I can at least have some idea where I fall in the overall group of shooters, some sort of reference point if you will, but I don't see anywhere that the scores are posted and an e-mail to them earlier in the week is still unanswered.
Does anybody here know if they give the results at all and is this a more common experience at 3D shoots and the MIA shoots are much better or is this a poorly organized shoot and most are better organized like the MIA?

definately not the norm. most shoots have water, or a food/pop/water station somewhere along the course. or, the course is set up to bring you back to the start area, before you start the next section, so you can get a drink.

i can't say if that is normal for ames, i have yet to make it to one of their shoots. it is on the list for this year

I also shot the Ames shoot and was not impressed with the way the shoot was run. There are other shoots out there that are run 10 times better.

Top Bottom