Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Question about ATV mowers

waltrogers

Ms Delta
Is there a mower available that can be pulled behind a 4-wheeler and be set high enough to mow clovers, grasses, etc?

I'd be interested in knowing what may be available, reliability of products, approximate costs, positives and negatives when compared to using a 4-wheeler rather than a tractor, etc.

I'd like to do more of my own work but find the cost of tractors and equipment prohibitive.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Question about ATM mowers

I use a pull behind brush/grass mower to mow my clover plots.

I always sharpen the blades just before mowing and I set as high as possible which is about 4-7 inches. Seems to be just fine.
I know DR company, Snapper (I think), Rough Country, and a few more all make mowers that are NOT finish mowers.

If you have ATV trails you will find that mowed trails are really nice.

Dean

I have a Swisher "Rough Cut" I bought at Tractor Supply. It was $1300. It does a good job BUT some things on it are pretty cheap- In ONE YEAR I have had to replace bearings, arm that connects to 4 wheeler, tires a million times (even though I filled with Slime which does help a ton), belt, etc. I'd look at other brands.

I have the same swisher 44 inch rough cutl. One bad part one it was the oil pan plug. Other than that it can take the abuse. Heavy sob though.

I had the Swisher 44" rough cut also and it did a good job. Worked well on clover, grass, and brush. I've since bought a tractor and rotary mower and its handier, but the Swisher is pretty decent. Never had a problem with tires despite many thorns sticking out of them.
FYI, the control cable IS long enough to run over it with the blades, not that I would know...

Oh yeah, I did have a problem with the deck height adjustment mechanism that required some work, dont know if that has been redesigned or not.

Don't waste your time and money on a Swisher Rough Cut. Spend the extra money and get a DR. You wont regret it. You get a 6 month free trial with the DR and if you don't like it they will refund 100% of your purchase price.

Top Bottom