Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Question for Old Buck

lets see a bugeling bull elk and his harem maybe or a couple 400 class bulls fighting for that harem but then i have this elk fever at the moment i may be bias if ya need pics i can get you plenty

I don't know if anyone posted this or not and I don't have the patience to read all the posts! Personally I would like to see a coyote or fox print from ya Old Buck, but that's just me.

my vote would be for a spring turkey print , but all the ideas are great . i just happen to have a place on the wall for a turkey print
smile.gif
. what ever old buck does will be great

I'd like to have a print of two heavy weights doing battle with the doe there fighting over in the background. What can I say, I guess I'm a hopless romantic!

Great replys here... Like em all. Now Old Buck why don't you make a print of a deer that has just been shot with the arrow in flight passing through the deer.... Oh wait that has been done
grin.gif

I have always wanted to see some waterfowl prints from ya... geese, ducks... maybe a few guys in layout blinds and a flock of geese comitted with feet down. Something brand new.

Limb Chicken, you were thinking the same as me.
Okay Old Buck,here is your next print, sure to be a top seller.
Have me sitting in my tree stand.Off to my left and behind me is the farmers son,
driving around in his pick-up,in the CRP, just looking around at sundown ???,
now back in front of me,is a kid about 8 years old, riding his super loud dirt bike,
back and forth, back and forth,etc. Now,off about a 1/2 mile,paint a dog, in the
barking position, make it looks like hes been barking nonstop for the last
four hours. You could also have me missing a nice ten-pointer.
Its sure is nice,getting out into the timber and enjoying the peace and quiet ! (&%@#$)
Please title this painting, "The Year of Murphy's Law"

Larry, as an young artist myself, I am truelly amazed how you capture wildlife and their surroundings so perfectly. Every piece of your paintings flows together so well. When I look your prints, I can't help but grin and I get the feeling as if I were actually witnessing your beautiful canvas work, and at the same time I am feel very envyous of your skill, hoping one day I will be able to create such briliant works, such as yours. Whatever your next project may be, I think its safe to say that all of us here at Iowawhitetail.com can't wait to lay our eyes on it! And thank you for all of your previous prints, they are all true masterpieces!

-Steve

Well I haven't taken the time to read all of these replies but you really caught my interest with the foggy morning series idea. It makes me think of "April Sunrise" and "November Frost" two of my favorite prints that seem out of my reach. Whether it's the foggy morning or the color scheme, these prints really pull me in. Maybe it's just the scarcity of these prints.

Let’s just do a little test here. You do your next print following these examples and lets see if I can resist it.

Old Buck,

One thing I really like in a lot of your work is the antique farm equipment (preferably red)and old outbuildings scattered in the distance. It really adds another dimension to the piece. As for the wildlife, can't go wrong with good ol ringnecks and whitetails. Can't wait to see the next!

DM

Thanks guys. I sure appreciate the input. It can really help get the creative juices going to hear some new ideas. I'm still working on a series that will incorporate much of the feedback.

Stuffy, enjoyed your input. I think any of us who have hunted for a while have been there and it is good to start the day off with a good laugh. I have to include four people on horseback busting 15+ deer out of an alfalfa field then riding right under my tree - at sunset. I shot all four riders. Before you think you are reading a confession to a murder I should tell you I was carrying a video camera, not a bow.

I've got a couple more chances to look for the big guy and hopefully take out a few more old does in the bonus season, then it is time to dust off the brushes.

Good Hunting!
Old Buck

Top Bottom