Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Question on draw length

SCOFFIN

Miles Coffin
Ya, I could probably Google it, but I'm on the site and being lazy, so....

I'm looking at a used bow and I for the life of me can't recall my draw length. Can I get close by just measuring my arrows? If not, what can I do to figure this out?

I use wingspan divided by 2.5 and that will get you close. Measure your wingspan relaxed and not stretched. This will only get you close. Normally I've seen if someone measures like 28.4 I round down.

You can also hold your bow arm fist against a wall and measure from the wall to the corner of your mouth. Standing like you'd be drawing your bow.

I'm stressing that this is usually a starting point and I've seen it be over an inch off for certain customers. I'd say it's 75% accurate or so.

Thanks for the info jjohnson.. The bow I'm looking at has a 30in draw.. If I come in at 29, is there adjustment in the bow to get it to 29. Sorry for the questions, I'm Bow setup dumb.. I just know how to shoot them and that's about it..

You need new mods for the cams if it is a 2010 or newer. If its older then 2010 then you need new cams to change draw length.

The guys at Archery Field and Sports measured me at 29 and 28 1/2 with a release. Scheels says they will adjust the draw length for free. Only shot it 3 times and put 3 arrows in a 2 inch group. Sold. Moving from Hoyt to Elite, just wish it was snow camo, but it's a sweet rig. Now I need to put some shooting and tuning time in..

Top Bottom