Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Question on leasing.

Scooonie

How do you go about finding hunting land that's for lease in your area? Is there a website or paper you can get that has some of these properties or is it usually by word of mouth and who you know? Also, what does a guy pay to lease a property these day's for the hunting season only? I know that kind of broad considering size of property and location and stuff but what's the low and high one could expect.

Thanks,
Jess

I'd try knocking on a few doors first... There are people that don't make you pay to hunt /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

I really have no idea on prices though, what part of the state are you in? That will have something to do with it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Scooonie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How do you go about finding hunting land that's for lease in your area? Is there a website or paper you can get that has some of these properties or is it usually by word of mouth and who you know? Also, what does a guy pay to lease a property these day's for the hunting season only? I know that kind of broad considering size of property and location and stuff but what's the low and high one could expect.

Thanks,
Jess
</div></div>

Stick to your Public Ground.......I'd say it's served you well so far. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

I dont know how my post got deleted but... like i said in it I believe that some realtors specialize in it, also there are a some areas where the farmers have up signs. I bet if you talked to area farmers you could figure it out as well.

Thanks Gundog...I'm thinking I know why your post got deleted. Just a guess though...

New guys who might have said something stupid when first joining the site pretty much gets cut off. Kind of reminds me of highschool, I'm not in the cool crowd I guess. Sad really...

Thanks for the info guys!

I agree that Public land has treated you well so far but I still wonder how everybody on here REALLY feels about leasing. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

It's just really tough for a guy that doesn't have the money to purchase his own land and with family recently selling the only private property I had to hunt it's almost come to this. Yes, Public has treated me well, know doubt about that...But I worked my butt off last season and ran into a lot of public land type of head aches on the way. I'd just like to know what other kind of options I might have in the future.

I have seen lease ground anywhere from $20/acre to $100/acre. You might just try and knock on some doors and talk to some people. I almost had my foot in the door on some good ground just for shooting coyotes for him but a guy beat me to it. Lots of opportunities if you can put the leg work in.

What part of the state do you want to hunt? Let me know, and I will meet up with you and we'll drive around, knock on a few doors, and find some great places!

You won't even have to spend a dime!

I've got spring break in a few weeks so i'll have plenty of time off. Let me know what works for you /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

I saw you at Hoch's shop so you must not be too far away from Marion county.

I agree, knock on some doors. Once you find a land owner that lets you, stop by once in awhile and get to know them better. I've had one farmer find me more land just by word of mouth that my buddie and i were good guys, nothing like having other farmers asking why you hav'nt hunted at thier place yet. Always stay on the look out! ALWAYS, that way you don't have all you hopes in one area. Good luck.

Top Bottom