Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

question...

tirdypointbuck

I was at my sister's place west of Des Moines 2 weeks ago and saw several groups of deer over 20+ in number in various locations. We saw one group of 35 at least before we ran out of fingers and toes to count them on. The temp was in the upper 20's with a fresh breeze out of the north if I remember right.
My question is, is this kind of grouping common in late winter in Iowa or is it dependent on the weather?
Thank you all for the great knowledge I have gained since logging on to this site.
God Bless America.

tirdypointbuck

The groups that you mentioned are pretty common and I have observed the same since January. This past week though, I've started to see more small groups and not the larger groups. I'd guess the warm weather and snow melt is responsible.

Yes its common for deer to bunch up like that in late winter.During the late muzzleloader season i used to see between 30 and 100 plus deer a night sitting over foodplots on state ground.

Top Bottom