Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Question

sofakingfast_1

The river is REALLY up down this way and today after work i seen some kids catfishing in some flooded timber that was posted private property. Question is, if the river is up onto someones private land and you fished out of a boat there. Would that be trespassing? Since the river is public?

Not going to do it because i have plenty of flooded timber to fish on, just wondering how that worked.

By the way the catfish are nailing shad guts and red worms in flooded timber as we speak. If you have time, give it a try. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

In a boat I would assume that it's legal so long as you're not anchored to the private property. If you're stomping the bank then that's another matter.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: muddy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">In a boat I would assume that it's legal so long as you're not anchored to the private property. If you're stomping the bank then that's another matter. </div></div>

Agreed

Depends on the stream/river. If it is classified as a meandered stream, the landowner owns only to the high water mark. If it is a non-meandered stream, the landowner owns the stream bed. All rivers and streams are classified one or the other.

That could be a tricky situation in some cases id bet. I know a guy down along the river who puts a ton of money into his wetlands for duck and geese. The river is almost up into his property. If someone was out there fishing they would probably get shot at hes pretty crazy.

Top Bottom