Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Question

Jethro

I broke out the recurve last night to use to fill my last doe tags. I haven't used this bow for about 5 years now and was wanting some advise on which arrows to use; alum. or carbon and also what grain broadhead should i use. The bow is a Bear Grizzly, 58" long and 50#.

use what flies good out of it. i posted something on this earlier in the year and the headache i got out of trying to figure out the correct kinetic energy was not worth it. take your compound arros and broadheads (providing their fixed blade) and see how they fly. if they fly good and you limit your shot to 15 yards or so you will have no problem killing a deer.

I was shooting at 52lbs 125 grain field point using a 2315 Easton Aluminum GameGetter, 30 inch arrow. I believe if your shooting around a 30 inch draw length you can stay within a range of 340 grains to 370, I don't believe there are any limitations on materials.

Interesting. I already shoot 2315 Eastons with 125 grain broadheads. I just figured that it would be to heavy, but like i said it's been five years since i have done anything with it so i'm kind of reeducating myself. I will give it a try tonight and see how it works. Thanks.

Top Bottom