Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

questionable kill

trowser44

Hey, this is my second season bow hunting at age 17. i shot my second bow buck this weekend scoring 135 with a 20 inch spred nine point. some people say i shouldn have shot him but i like the deer. ill post pics soon, jnust wondering if i shouldnt have shot him or not.

If you're happy with him. That's all that matters. I doubt I'd pass a 130. The other people are more than likely jealous

Its your second season bow hunting congrats!! Be happy about your buck..don't let others tell you what to shoot and what not to shoot. Its your choice and I would shoot what makes you happy. You may at some point want to let younger bucks walk, but that will come with time and will be your choice.

If you're happy and excited about the buck you shot then that's what matters!! Congrats on your second deer with a bow.

You said it yourself, you're happy with him, and that's the bottom line. 130 for a second buck is very respectable for anyone, great job!

Man, 17 and shooting a 130" as a second deer- nobody should be knocking that. That's awesome and you should be PROUD!

Your tag...If your are proud of that deer, that is all that matters. Congrats and I can't wait to see the pictures.
2thumbs.gif

you can tell whoever told you not to shoot him to take a lap around the world. Any deer taken with a bow is a trophy. Congrats to you big fella

Ditto

If you are happy with him then it is all good. Somewhere down the line in a similar situation, you may elect to wait for something bigger, OR NOT. But don't let others influence you too much or you will never be happy, deer hunting or otherwise.

Probably my smallest deer I ever had mounted was a little over 130", but he is still my most favorite because of the circumstances surrounding the kill. I was proud of him then and I am proud of him now, if it is too small for someone else, then so be it.

Congrats on a nice buck!! I would hazard a guess that there are "more biggers" in your future! :)

My motto....if he spins your ziz wheel let him have it...congrats on your trophy. Can't wait to see thum pictures.

im with jake, you buy the tag, the way i look at it if i see a buck coming and my first thought is take him i zip him....doesnt matter what anyone else says...

Congrats on getting your buck. Whoever is saying you shouldn't have shot it is watching too many hunting shows, or reading too many "trophy deer" message boards. 130 is a great deer no matter what age you are.

you can tell whoever told you not to shoot him to take a lap around the world. Any deer taken with a bow is a trophy. Congrats to you big fella

I second that one! :way: Not to mention you killed a POPE & YOUNG!! Thats a trophybook deer to boot

Last edited:
No one said it was a small deer Anthony, people just said it was october 3rd when you shot it. Your hunting some good land to, remember when you shot ur bow buck early last year and you said it sucked waitin for gun season.
It really is a nice deer man, you better get those pics up so everyone else cqan see him.
....O and now im definitely gonna shoot a bigger deer than you! lol jk man jk...and like everyone else on here said, CONGRATS on ur deer.

It only matters that you are tickled with the harvest...if you are satisfied with the buck then you did the right thing.

Top Bottom