Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Questionable Shot = Confirmed Kill!

cjgarrett

Well guys we went out this morning with hopes to recover my buddies buck. It only took us a few minutes to find him. He had made it another 100 yards from our last blood. Unfortunately the coyotes had found him this morning as well. They must of been on the kill when we started looking, the had just got the guts open when we arrived. Didn't do any damage to the deer other than taking a softball size hole out of the stomach. The good news was that due to the coyotes i smelt the deer from 75 yards away and walked right to him. This made it a lot easier than following the almost non existent blood trail.

He is a nice buck, he will score low 150's. Lots of points just not a very big frame.
picture.php

Hit the back of the front lung and the liver. His cavity was full of blood and he was bleeding from mouth and nose when we found him. It was just one of those weird shots, sometimes they go 30 and sometimes they go 300!

... Unfortunately the coyotes had found him this morning as well. They must of been on the kill when we started looking, the had just got the guts open when we arrived. Didn't do any damage to the deer other than taking a softball size hole out of the stomach. ...

If that is all of the damage, it may have been an oppossum(s) instead of coyotes. I have seen grinners do exactly that...and then not survive! :D

I am glad you found him, I too welcome any post shot analysis you can provide. Congrats to your friend and to you for letting him hunt one of your areas! :way:

Yea i am really happy for my buddy. Unfortunately 2 of the 3 bucks that were on my hit list are now DEAD!!! The third is probably going to get an arrow too. He is making himself way to easy to pattern. My dad and i are putting to pieces together and almost have him figured out... Shouldnt be long

Yea this picture makes him look like a giant! I will put another pic up. He has lots of points but not a very big frame.

Glad you guys found him! That's a cool looking buck! I have one that is somewhat similar, from the right angle he looks really big (decent mass and tine length). But due to a VERY small frame, he doesn't score crap. Short main beams and narrow spread.

Top Bottom