Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Quick Spin question

iabowhunter

I bought some 4" Quick Spin vanes last week and fletched a couple of arrows Sunday. I shot the 2 arrows yesterday and found that the cock vane on both were wrinkled. I am shooting with a NAP QuickTune 4000 drop away rest with the rest prongs set to the factory setting. I assume the the cock vanes are hitting the arrow rest. Is there anything I can do to keep the vane from wrinkling? Maybe shoot the cock vane up? Should I try a 2.5" QS vane? Will the wrinkled vane cause any flight problems? Thanks for any help.
confused.gif

shooting cock vane up will definitely help. I would put baby powder on the cock vane and shoot it, the powder will leave residue where it comes in contact. Sometimes a little turn of the nock will do wonders.

I shoot cock vane up on all my drop aways. Do what Rudd says! And make sure you are properly paper tuned.

Hey, thanks for the info guy's. I went out and shot one cock vane up and it flew great. I now have an arrow that smells like baby powder! I don't seem to be getting any contact shooting cock vane up. I built myself a frame for paper tuning this evening, and will shoot the paper tomorrow. Thanks again for the help!

-Phil

If you are shooting with release and loop it could be that your loop has moved up also.

So I shot thru paper tonight. With the QS, (beaman 340) I am tearing low and to the right. With arizona vanes (Gold Tip 75-95 XT) I am tearing stright to the left. Also, on the block that holds the prongs, there is a flim from what I belive is the vane passing thru the prongs. I can raise the prongs up to gain more clearance, but that will be a last resort. I am going to Iowa City tomorrow, so I'll try to sweet talk my wife into letting me go to Scheel's and pick up some of the blazer vanes that I have been hearing so much about.

For as much trouble as all this is, I sure am enjoying it!

Is perfect arrow flight too much to ask for?

Thanks again!
-Phil

sounds to me like your still getting contact with your rest. Go to Easton's web-site and download their tuning manual. Alot of additional information that helps the tinkerer figure some things out. Perfect arrow flight is very obtainable.

Easton Downloads

Top Bottom