Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

quiet last weekend?

ReinertsonTaxidermy

I set up Saturday figuring i would hear a pile of gobbles. One 1 bird all morning, by dumb luck he walked right into my decoys and I got my first bow tom. Either I shot the only gobbler in 200 acres or they were not talking. I've spoken to 3 people and they said they heard no gobbles. I hope they were just quiet or birds are way down where I hunt. I jumped all kinds of toms shed hunting a month ago. Curious what everyone else heard

They were going Strong Saturday morning where we were. Saturday afternoon when I was cleaning my bird about 3pm I could hear a couple gobbling their heads off... Also heard a couple more later in the evening. Didn't hunt Sunday. Congrats on the bow bird. :D

I set up Saturday figuring i would hear a pile of gobbles. One 1 bird all morning, by dumb luck he walked right into my decoys and I got my first bow tom. Either I shot the only gobbler in 200 acres or they were not talking. I've spoken to 3 people and they said they heard no gobbles. I hope they were just quiet or birds are way down where I hunt. I jumped all kinds of toms shed hunting a month ago. Curious what everyone else heard

It was farily quiet where we were Sat Am, about 4 different birds could be heard gobbling. A few years ago a good gobbling morning would be 12-15+ different birds gobbling, sometimes more.

My friend hunted my farm last Monday through Thursday and the only day they really gobbled for him was Tuesday, the other days were darned quiet. Monday was understandable with super high winds, but two of the other days with fair weather were quiet too. Go figure...

Top Bottom