Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

quieting those loud clothes...

muddy

i got some new coveralls and they are SUPER loud. any brilliant plans on how i can brush them down so they're not so loud come season?? granted i shouldn't have bought them cuz they were loud but you jsut don't pass up $17 pair of predator deception pattern coveralls!!

Boy is your guide going to be pissed when that 170" mulie goes into scan mode. I'd trade them in for some Prairie Ghost or NatGear, but we've already been down that road.
tongue.gif

Try this - get a bunch of that bulk moleskin from the archery department and stick it on the inner thighs...just make sure you have the coveralls on when you apply it.
wall.gif

Think I found the one we're after, got a picture of it, hope it turns out.

so, you have no positive things to say??????
grin.gif

i gotta Hoyt, put me within 60 yards of that mulie and all you'll have to do is get the truck.

now seriously, anybody know how to quiet these coveralls down???? no, i'm not sticking mole skin to myself either...but i'll consider it if nothing else is brought up.

How about walking bow-legged???
waytogo.gif

60 yards is good, don't forget the wind, it will be 20 mph. I watched our archery manager wack one last year at 82 yds through the rangefinder back home. One of the coolest things I've ever seen. The deer died after 60 yards.

Honestly, I don't have any good ideas on the coveralls, but for our hunt, won't be as big of a factor as a normal whitetail hunt.

i got it. as the guide you can carry me on your shoulders and that'll give an iowa boy like myself the illusion of being in a treestand so it'll all work out.

Or we could go red-neck style - the moving treestand. You in the back and I'll drive.
rambo.gif

How good are you?

Hey Muddy, carhart coveralls are the same; noisey until you break 'em in--them the cotton really loosens up..

My suggestion is to turn 'em inside out and wash and hang dry--repeat steps 1 and 2 about 15 times. Make sure to turn clothes inside out--the color tends to last a bit longer that way.

Option number two is to break 'em in by wearing them in---ya up for 72 holes of golf in your new clothes?
evil.gif

Use non scented soap or no soap at all, try not to contaminate too much in the early stages.

i've already washed them twice. i'll do it a few more times between now and then. 72 holes of golf?? good lord, i'd rather jog 72 miles in them instead.

thaks for the insight, any more suggestons would be welcome.

Muddy if you cant get 'em quieted down---How'd you like to drive a few deer past me this shotgun season--we'd all be able to hear ya coming.. Yea I think thats the best idea yet. I think that 72 mile run wish of yours would about come true up here in the hills of northeast IOWA.
peace.gif

they'll quiet down, if not i'll just draw the bow reeaaallly sssssssllllloooooowwwww.

Muddy - I sent you some pictures of the terrain, don't forget your hiking boots.

try washing/drying them with a pair of shoe's or something that will beat them up a bit. Basically need to get the newness out of em.
sniper.gif

i'll try that deadeye, i think you told me that once before regarding some other pair of camo or carhartts or something.

Pharmer,
Either you know Muddy a little to well, or you've wore one of those yourself.
wtf.gif

CRITRGITR

limb - do you honestly think i'd post a picture of me totally
beerchug.gif
wearing a heaaddress, and dancing to YMCA with this crowd?????????

only reason i havn't is cuz i don't have a scanner.
busted.gif

Top Bottom