Quotes

ironwood

I received this in an e-mail today and thought it was worth posting.

One way or the other, we are determined to deny Iraq the capacity to develop weapons of mass destruction and the missiles to deliver them. That is our bottom line." - President Clinton, Feb. 4, 1998

"If Saddam rejects peace and we have to use force, our purpose is clear. We want to seriously diminish the threat posed by Iraq's weapons of mass destruction program." - President Clinton, Feb. 17, 1998

Iraq is a long way from [here], but what happens there matters a great deal here. For the risks that the leaders of a rogue state will use nuclear, chemical or biological weapons against us or our allies is the Greatest security threat we face." - Madeline Albright, Feb 18, 1998

"He will use those weapons of mass destruction again, as he has ten time since 1983." - Sandy Berger, Clinton N ational Security Adviser, Feb 18,1998

"[W]e urge you, after consulting with Congress, and consistent with the US Constitution and laws, to take necessary actions (including, if appropriate, air and missile strikes on suspect Iraqi sites) to respond effectively to the threat posed by Iraq's refusal to end its weapons of mass destruction programs." - Letter to President Clinton, signed by Sens. Carl Levin (D-MI), Tom Daschle (D-SD), John Kerry (D - MA), and others Oct. 9,1998

"Saddam Hussein has been engage! d in the development of weapons of mass destruction technology which is a threat to countries in the region and he has made a mockery of the weapons inspection process." - Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D, CA), Dec. 16, 1998

"Hussein has chosen to spend his money on building weapons of mass destruction and palaces for his cronies." - Madeline Albright, Clinton Secretary of State, Nov. 10, 1999

"There is no doubt that ... Saddam Hussein has invigorated his weapons programs. Reports indicate that biological, chemical and nuclear programs continue apace and may be back to pre-Gulf War status. In addition, Saddam continues to redefine delivery systems and is doubtless using the cover of a lic! it missile program to develop longer-range missiles that will threaten the United States and our allies." - Letter to President Bush, Signed by Sen. Bob Graham (D, FL,) and others, December 5, 2001

"We begin with the common belief that Saddam Hussein is a tyrant and threat to the peace and stability of the region. He has ignored the mandated of the United Nations and is building weapons of mass destruction and the means of delivering them." - Sen. Carl Levin (D, MI), Sept. 19, 2002

"We know that he has stored secret supplies of biological and chem! ical weapons throughout his country." - Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002

"Iraq's search for weapons of mass destruction has proven impossible to deter and we should assume that it will continue for as long as Saddam is in power." - Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002

"We have known for many years that Saddam Hussein is seeking and developing weapons of mass destruction." - Sen. Ted Kennedy (D, MA), Sept. 27, 2002

"The last UN weapons inspectors left Iraq in October of 1998. We are confident that Saddam Hussein retains some stockpiles of chemical and biological weapons, and that he has since embarked on a crash course to build up his chemical and biological warfare capabilities. Intelligence reports indicate that he is seeking nuclear weapons..." - Sen. Robert Byrd (D, WV), Oct. 3, 2002

"I will be voting to give the President of the United States the authority to use force-- if necessary-- to disarm Saddam Hussein because I believe that a deadly arsenal of weapons of mass destruction in his hands is a real and grave threat to our security." - Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Oct. 9,2002

"There is unmistakable evidence that Saddam Hussein is working aggressively to develop nuclear weapons and will likely have nuclear weapons within the next five years .. We also should remember we have always underestimated the progress Saddam has made in development of weapons of mass destruction."- Sen. Jay Rockefeller (D, WV), Oct 10, 2002

"He has systematically violated, over the course of the past 11 years, every significant UN resolution that has demanded that he disarm and destroy his chemical and biological weapons, and any nuclear capacity. This he has refused to do" - Rep. Henry Waxman (D, CA), Oct. 10, 2002

"In the four years since the inspectors left, intelligence reports show that Saddam Hussein has worked to rebuild his chemical and biological weapons stock, his missile delivery capability, and his nuclear program. He has also given aid, comfort, and sanctuary to terrorists, including Al Qaeda members.. It is clear, however, that if left unchecked, Saddam Hussein will continue to increase his capacity to wage biological and chemical warfare, and will keep trying to develop nuclear weapons." -Sen. Hillary Clinton (D, NY), Oct 10, 2002

"We are in possession of what I think to be compelling evidence that Saddam Hussein has, and has had for a number of years, a developing capacity for the production and storage of weapons of mass destruction." - Sen. Bob Graham (D, FL), Dec. 8, 2002

"Without question, we need to disarm Saddam Hussein. He is a brutal, murderous dictator, leading an oppressive regime ... He presents a particularly grievous threat because he is so consistently prone to miscalculation ... And now he is miscalculating America's response to his continued deceit and his consistent grasp for weapons of mass destruction .. So the threat of Saddam Hussein with weapons of mass destruction is real" - Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Jan. 23. 2003

Read that a few weeks ago. Kinda clears things up a bit doesn't it?? GW didn't start all this sh*t as everyone assumes. He is just taking care of it. John Kerry does his "lip service".

All these people sing a different tune today. Bunch of finger pointers.Every one criticizes President Bush but we never hear any specifics about how it should have been done if they had the decision to make. Kerry is Scary! My vote is for George Bush.... :Go Bush!
grin.gif

As much as I hate the thought of losing american solderiers to middle-eastern dirtbags (not a stereotypically motivated label), I think what Bush, the government, and our military is doing is necessary and have given them my full support. Come election time, I will cast a ballot for ol GW again.

I recently came upon this:
SUBJECT:Senior Citizens point of View

I am a senior citizen.During the Clinton administration I had an extremely good and well paying job.I took numerous vacations and had vacation homes.Since President Bush took office,I have watched my entire life change for the worse.I lost my job.I lost my 2 sons in that terrible Iraqi war.I lost my home.I lost my health insurance.As a matter of fact I lost everything and became homeless.Adding insult to injury,when authorities found me living like an animal,instead of helping me,they arrested me.I will do anything to insure President Bush's defeat in the next electio.I will do anything that Senator Kerry wants to insure that a Democrat is back in the Whitehouse come next year.Bush has to go.I just thought you would like to know how one senior citizen views the Bush Administration.
Thank you for taking the time to read my letter.
Sincerely,
Saddam Hussein

I was reading that last one thinking you have to have somebody to blame and then I get to the signature.
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Come election time, I will cast a ballot for ol GW again.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is no other choice.
cool.gif

Here is an emailed I received recently

One of my sons serves in the military. He is still stateside,
here in California. He called me yesterday to let me know how warm and
welcoming people were to him, and his troops, everywhere he goes, telling me
how people shake their hands, and thank them for being willing to serve, and
fight, for not only our own freedoms but so that others may have them also.

But he also told me about an incident in the grocery store he
stopped at yesterday, on his way home from the base. He said that ahead of
several people in front of him stood a woman dressed in a burkha. He said
when this woman got to the cashier she loudly remarked about the US flag
lapel pin the cashier wore on her smock.

The cashier reached up and touched the pin, and said proudly,
"yes, I always wear it and I probably always will."

The woman in the burkha then asked the ! ! cashier when she was
going to stop bombing her countrymen, explaining that she was Iraqi.

A gentleman standing behind my son stepped forward, putting his
arm around my son's shoulders, and nodding towards my son, said in a calm
and gentle voice to the Iraqi woman:
"Lady, hundreds of thousands of men and women like this young
man have fought and died so that YOU could stand here, in MY country and
accuse a check-out cashier of bombing YOUR countrymen. It is my belief that
had you been this outspoken in YOUR own country, we wouldn't need to be
there today. But, hey, if you have now learned how to speak out so loudly
and clearly, I'll gladly buy you a ticket and pay your way back to Iraq so
you can straighten out the mess in YOUR country that you are obviously here
in MY country to avoid."

Everyone within hearing distance cheered.

This is true of alot of countrys our toops are in. Our country is hated but they still love money and our help!
mad.gif

awersome quotes! i hear everyday how bad of a job GW is doing and i do my best to defend him and then they say crap like "if he is doing such a good job then why is our economy so bad?" well here is my take on that: the reason our economy is so poor right now is not because of GW, it's because of clinton! if clinton had not spent the last 4 years of his term trying to salvage what was left of his presidency we wouldn't even be in the position we are in right now. this country was left to GW in an extremely vulnerable state due to clinton trying to salvage his presidency after he lied to the hole country on national television about his sexual relations. these terrorists pay attention to this stuff. all those terrorist knew was that thanx to clinton our country was now in an up-roar of our president and it just took one more small incident, that incident being election time, when somehow people had a hard time choosing between GW and gore, to me that's a no-brainer. the terrorist new that we had let our guard down and were paying more attention to "what was mr. clinton going to do now" and "who won GW or gore". the terrorist knew that our gov't focus was on these issues and not protecting our country, and next thing you know GW is elected and BAM our sisters are hit by planes. automatically GW was blamed saying he was the cause of this and republicans are no good, get us a democrat to run the country. well in my opinion democrats are the cause of the hole thing, not because i am a republican, but because i have looked at all the facts. SO IN MY MIND kerry NEEDS TO STAY AT HOME AND SHOOT BOTOX ALL DAY LONG AND GEORGE W. BUSH SHOULD CONTINUE HIS A$$ KICKING OVER SEAS FORGET ABOUT CIVILIANS, IT'S IN THEIR BLOOD AND RELIGION TO KILL US ANYWAYS, AND CONTINUE TO RUN THIS GREAT COUNTRY AND GO DOWN AS THE GREATEST PRESIDENT EVER!!!! HELL YEAH FOR GW!!!!!
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

easy there split........

in case you haven't noticed the libs aren't saying a whole lot about the economy right now. maybe because jr's economic policies are really starting to work. a couple years ago it was all about the economy and ra ra for the troops and go get sadaam. now it's nothing about the economy and "what the hell is bush doing with Iraq". it's all politics for the UN-INFORMED and sound bite voter which in my opinion there are way too many of.
wall.gif

sorry moosehunter, didn't mean to offend you at all, but couldn't even tell you one liberal who supported bush and this war, although some are trying to hop on the bandwagon! once again sorry moosehunter!
waytogo.gif
beerchug.gif

Back