Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

RAGE Broadhead, MAJOR CONCERN!!

Sligh1

Administrator
Staff member
2007 was 1st year I finally dared to tried expandable broadheads. Got rage 2 blade. Tried 3 different quivers and PROBLEM WAS I got in tree and all the broadheads were open. Some slightly open. Through out the season the black rubber bands were all cracked and breaking without being shot once. Tried keeping them covered.
BOTTOM LINE: If I didn't notice one got opened up and shot it - which happened to a friend of mine on a HUGE deer this year he had on trail cam and shot in neck - it would not be accurate.
Now I'm freaked out enough to go back to fixed blades.
Thoughts, solutions, suggestions, similiar experiences?????

Contact Rage with your problems, see if you can get them all replaced. If not I am betting there are a dozen guys on here who will buy them off you.

I'll stick with my Rocket Hammerheads, especially after hearing about the problems a few people have had with Rage's. When they work, they work GREAT but when they mess up they seem to really mess up.

This is about the 15th post with someone having problems with Rage broadheads not staying shut.

sounds like maybe you were pushing them too deep into your quiver? as far as the other problem, rage would probably send you some new o-rings, or you could probably find suitable ones at the local hardware store.

or, if you are looking for someone to dump them on, shoot me a pm /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Buy a Tru-glo 360 axis quiver and you will never have a problem. There is no foam in them and they will never open. Plus you will never lose an arrow if you get tangled up in brush /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LIV4RUT</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Plus you will never lose an arrow if you get tangled up in brush /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif </div></div>

How far did that guy have to back track in the dark with a failing flashlight LIV? I forget? But, one funny story.

While the blades do pop off the o-rings fairly easily, it's not really all that hard to make sure they're set once you put one on your string. My o-rings also cracked this year, but I've never had one break apart yet. They might need a little more attention than other heads, but they are DEVISTATING!!! They fly true, and contrary to popular belief they will pass through if put where they're supposed to. I wouldn't give up on them until you've actually seen the damage they do.

I agree that with a little extra attention they will function great, and the damage they cause is impressive. I just want to not have to think about my broadheads at the moment of truth. One less thing to have to think about is a plus for me /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Jamie, did those ever show up?

I agree with Critr. I simply changed my quiver to prevent the blades from popping open when pushed into the foam. My quiver has holes cut out of the foam for the heads to be placed inside. I did notice my o rings cracking and replaced them with new ones purchased from the hardware store. Rage allegedly has fixed the o ring problem but we'll see. That said, I love em. Damage is unreal.

From above, are these things that hard to find with everyone wanting to purchase mine? I checked on several sites like cabelas.com and they had full stock.
Devastating, of course, that's why I bought them. I just need to be talked into not be FREAKED OUT everytime I go hunting that I accidentally shoot one that's popped open.
My bands are all cracked and worn for some odd reason, easy to replace them?

so if they open that easy whats to say that they will not open when shot?? I mean whats your guarantee? +1 for jak hammers, I will be shooting hammerheads for turks, just for something new.

I've tried them had good results but they seem to whistle when you get out to the 50-60yds shots! I going to go with Muddy on this one Rocket Hammerheads!!!

Sligh,

Yea, take one o ring off and take it the hardware store. There are many sizes of o rings, but they'll match it for ya. To put them on your Rage head, take the Rage off your arrow and put a field tip on. It's easier to slip the ring over the field tip and just onto the arrow shaft. Take the field tip off, screw the Rage back on, and roll the o ring up into place.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kansasdeerslayer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I agree that with a little extra attention they will function great, and the damage they cause is impressive. I just want to not have to think about my broadheads at the moment of truth. One less thing to have to think about is a plus for me /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Jamie, did those ever show up? </div></div>

I got em' bud.......they'll make a couple holes this year. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif Thanks a bunch!!

If it aint broke dont fix it Skip... I stick with my rocket steelheads, Kills them everytime, usually watch them pile up within 50 yards. Have seen both good and bad out of the rage. To hit and miss for me. I guess my thoughts are I will stick with something that works all the time, I dont like quess work when the moment of truth comes.

I am definately pro-expandable, but is all the trouble really worth it? I wouldn't want to have lingering thoughts in my head as the moment of truth was about to occur. Lots of good heads out there you can just screw in and forget about it. Good Luck!

Top Bottom