Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Rage broadheads!!!

I will let you know after this season!!
waytogo.gif

Im going to use them this season as well. I know some friends that used the 3 blade last year and they say they were awesome. Im gonna try the 3 blade this year. (1 more blade to cut with)
beerchug.gif

Take some time and look through the tech talk forum, there are several discussions regarding Rage heads.

I heard a rumor that there going to take the Rage 3 bladers off the market because there having problems with them. As far as I know there still for sale though.

I wasn't able to view the recall info(websense here at work), but have any of you guys had any issues with them being sharp out of the package? A buddy of mine just picked up a pack of 3 bladed heads and said they are dull as a butter knife.

Thanks

The recall should have all been taken care of by your archery shop. The shop i go to (double a) has all good ones if your lookin for some
beerchug.gif

Speak'n of these, I called Rage about their issues with the O-Rings, well their answer is this
"The heat and humidity is killing us"

So they are shipping extra O-Rings free of charge to me because I have had 6 break already. Hmmmmmmmmmmm. They said I could also go and purchase them from the local hardware store.....size equals a -08

The first one I shot 6 times and the o-ring broke. I replaced it with a new one and that one broke after 2 shots. Does anyone know if this is normal? These are the 3 blade.

6 shots? wow. Mine went MIA after the 3rd shot. Good thing they were flying halfway decent by that time. I just put a replacement o-ring on and put it in my quiver. I don't shoot enough deer for this to become an issue, but it sure would be nice to practice with them w/o having to have a bucket full of o-rings handy.

I thought about just trying them w/o the o-ring but it looks to me like the o-ring is needed to help hold the blades in even though they are supposed to 'click' into place.

BC

Good tip on the replacement O-ring from the hardware store. I have been totally unimpressed by the ring quality but am excited about the rest of the head performance.
Hopefully the hardware rings will be of better quality
confused.gif
confused.gif
confused.gif

Those o-rings are tough as hell to get on. Anyone found a better way to get them on rather then stretching them out and risking breaking them?

oring replacement:
Unscrew the broadhead..
Screw a field point on to the arrow.
Roll the oring over the field piont on to the shaft.
Unscrew the field point.
Screw the broadhead back on the arrow.
Roll the oring on to the back of the broadhead.
Works wonders.

Just looked at mine and I have one 0 ring broken without one shot, and another cracked and ready to break. Off to the hardware store.

wow!
Sounds like there is a lot that can go wrong with these things....
No risk with my muzzys
evil.gif
evil.gif

Top Bottom