Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Rage broadheads!!!

I personally don't know why everybody is still talkin about these things. Plenty of better heads out there.

[ QUOTE ]
Plenty of better heads out there.

[/ QUOTE ]

While I agree to an extent.....what is your list of better heads? Not trying to call you out.....just wanting to compare lists.Plus I respect your opinion.
Thanks.

[ QUOTE ]
I personally don't know why everybody is still talkin about these things. Plenty of better heads out there.

[/ QUOTE ]

I will tell you why, because people have already purchased them and like to know about products they have purchased..........Including myself.

I personally shoot Slick Tricks 4-Blade and they have never failed me but...... they have issues also and like to know about stuff like that especially about products I use.

there is a new broadhead out this year that is taking over the mechanical group called piston point.A friend of mine just got back from an elk hunt and said it completly blew threw bone.There is no problem on an angled shot because of the piston shaft and rear deployment. I suggest checking them out. broadhead debates will go on forever its all in what you like, they will all kill deer

oh yeah?!?!? bowtech is better than...oh, wait...ford is the best.....oh crap, wrong thread. what were we talking aboot?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I will tell you why, because people have already purchased them and like to know about products they have purchased..........Including myself.

I personally shoot Slick Tricks 4-Blade and they have never failed me but...... they have issues also and like to know about stuff like that especially about products I use.

[/ QUOTE ]
SteveO, I am sorry for the negative stuff. I have posted a few times my thoughts and whys on these heads. In my narrow thinking I fail to connect new readers to these posts. I had a real problem with ban retention. The four deer I killed with them had very large holes in them but the negative side of the mechanical, not being ready for action when the moment arrived, drove me crazy. I clipped the blades back in place several time while hunting and once just prior to killing a doe. I actually think I released a couple of times with the retention ban not holding the blades causing then to plane badly and miss twice. I would rather shoot Steelheads or spitfires. Both mechanicals I have experience with. I moved away from the Spitfires because of the defection possibilities of that design, but would shoot them over the Rage everyday. I really like the Steelheads, very reliable.

I think in the future I’ll just read. I communicate a little roughly with a key board.

I hope everyone has a great season, we're almost there.

[ QUOTE ]
I think in the future I’ll just read. I communicate a little roughly with a key board.

[/ QUOTE ]

What the heck are you talking about Mike? You've never been rude in your life! You tried these out last season so your opinion is as valid as anyone else here. Speak your mind man. Since your last season review I've personally told 4 people to stay away from the Rage heads cause you said they sucked and you've never steered me wrong yet.

Just my opinion.
crazy.gif

[ QUOTE ]
What the heck are you talking about Mike? You've never been rude in your life!

[/ QUOTE ]

ahhh...ummm........every shot with him? i'm sure he has showed me some rudeness

whether or not it was deserved, is not the point

I'm sure that if the said rudeness was directed directly at you Teeroy, it was VERY well deserved!
grin.gif
Ironwood, I agree, if it ain't broke don't try to fix it. I've not jumped on the mechanical bandwagon yet because the broadheads I shoot have never let me down. Why change?
smirk.gif

Ironwood, I have read your post and I am by far not a new reader to this site and know what you are trying to say on your post.

Sorry if I came across like a a**hole, not my intention. Just trying to explain the reasoning.

On the other side of the story, I reported I contacted Rage about the O-Ring Issue, well they arrived and I will say............................

THEY ARE DIFFERENT THEN THE ONES THAT CAME OFF THE HEADS!!!!!!!!!

They have a bigger inside opening then the ones that came with the heads, will this take care of the problem, I dont know because I havent shot them yet, but as far as breaking havent had any break yet but only on for 1 day.

The blades still "click" into place but as far as retention during flight I cant comment.

Top Bottom