Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Rage hypodermic

I use em, they fly just like my field points. Only thing I've shot with them is a 2'' diameter branch though. Sliced right thru it!

Been shooting NAP Killzones the last year and again this year. I just like the idea of no collars, bands, etc.

I would shoot anything and have in the past with good results.

I shot 125 grain magnus stinger buzzcuts for 3-4 yrs and i had zero complaints. I had shot a few does with the standard aluminum rage and had great results.
Once i saw they came out with the hypodermic i bought 6-8 packs. Myself and my family took 2 turkeys and 3 mature bucks last year and they preformed flawlessly. Rage is no longer a "one and done" head.
Any broadhead will give you great results if put in the right place, i just like the 2" cut in case it doesnt go as planned. Tune your bow and shoot a heavy arrow and you should be more than pleased!

My one ever use the hypodermics?

Was thinking about giving the Hypodermic a try. Last year I shot the Rage Extremes 2.3" cut and those were devastating but between a couple coyote shots, a doe, and a thunder chicken I am in need of more broadheads. I will either be buying the extremes or the hypodermic.

The Hypodermics have a skinnier steel ferule down the middle while the original Rage has Aluminum. THey have to fly a little better, penetrate better and be quite a bit stronger. I would think they are worth the extra $4 or 5 a box to Rage shooters.

I've shot Muzzy for the last 15 years without any problems.

This year I am shooting Injection A/C arrows and am really impressed with how they fly and penetrate. But, since Muzzy has decided not to make a 125 gr Deep Six broadhead I have Ulmer Edge 125gr Stainless Steel Deep Six heads in my quiver.

I use both the grim reaper & nap spitfire max both awesome & no o-rings or collars.SHot a doe last year at 30 yards she ran to the fence 10 yards away & didnt get over the fence bounced off & expired right there won't ever switch broadheads!

Hypodermics

I tried a Hypodermic last year and killed a 171 7/8ths, went 50 yards, but not great penetration. So, this year I went to a 641 grain arrow with 175gr SilverFlame broad head that has a 1 7/8ths cutting diameter with absolutely scary sharpness. These heads fly great, same as my fp's out to 50 yards! I gotta believe these heads will be absolutely killer. I'll keep you informed.

I tried a Hypodermic last year and killed a 171 7/8ths, went 50 yards, but not great penetration. So, this year I went to a 641 grain arrow with 175gr SilverFlame broad head that has a 1 7/8ths cutting diameter with absolutely scary sharpness. These heads fly great, same as my fp's out to 50 yards! I gotta believe these heads will be absolutely killer. I'll keep you informed.

I looked them up online I hope there is gold in them heads for the price they want lol. Yes please keep us informed about them

I just couldnt go without a handful of fixed blades in my quiver so I ordered a set of SOlid Legend 125 in the Deep Six. Hopefully they shoot about the same as my Ulmer Edge.

If I killed a 170+ buck that didn't go more than 50 yards, I wouldn't be changing my socks or underwear, let alone broadheads! :confused:

I just purchased the silver flame broad heads 100 grain. 1 1/8' cutting diameter.
Borrowed two from a friend and they fly great to 50 yards. Didn't shoot past that.
Very expensive. About 3x's cost of Rage H. Excellent head will penetrate both walls of a 55 gal steel drum and keep going. Put my montec G5 CS fixed heads to the side due to better flight with the silver flame at 50 yards.

Killed afew deer with them last year and just killed a 6x6 bull with them on Wednesday. Good holes, flight and blood trails.

I shot hypo last year and my main complaint was lack of penetration. Granted I shoot with 60lb draw. This year I'm using dead ringers. Specifically the super freak. Putting the two side by side i like the super freak because of the forward facing cutting surface. Hypo does not have blade facing forward. I'm referring to the blades in the closed position. Hypos feel light and not as well constructed. They work but I wasn't so impressed that I will use them again.

Top Bottom