Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Rainy day surprise in Cass County

G3s were 11 inches. H1 or your first mass measurement around the bases were 5 inches. A touch under 19.5 inches wide, and none of his other mass measurements are less than 4 inches actually there all over. We haven't fully taped him yet. Got to get rack back from taxi. When we rough taped him we averaged all the mass at 4 inches and we got around 171ish 172ish now it looks like he will push 175.

Still don't have a good photo of his mass. He really is palmated like a moose antler in the middle of his beams.

Congrats, on a great deer! JMHO but I wouldn't put a big deer like that on a full sneak. Meder forms give the deer a nice look but I just don't think full sneaks would do that deer justice. I'd go a semi sneak, semi upright. I'd look into Meder, Mears, Revolution or OTS forms. You can't go wrong with an offset shoulder either.

Ditto

Full sneak just can't do a rack like that justice. I'm sure it would look good but I think a semi upright would present him better

Yes trust me, one of my favorite bucks I've killed I did in a semi sneak. It's my least favorite mount. That is a beautiful buck man!

picture.php

This is the form I like best. It would show your deers awesome antlers off really well!

I will get mine back mid December I got the pos like Biggest Buck showed. That Dennis Behm semi-sneak turn is a great look. quiry it on the internet and you can get the details of the maniken. My taxidermist said everyone loves the detail in it. But at the end it should be something you like and decide on. This is the great part about shooting a great deer like you have. It will look awsome what ever pose you chose as long as you have a good taxidermist.

Ya still back and forth. Really like Matuskas a lot. Supposedly there coming out with an offset semi sneak. The deers total gross was 178 4/8 non typical, 173 4/8 as typical. Nets right on 160 and change.

Top Bottom