Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

range finder

mudingbuck

PMA Member
What is everyones opinion on a good range finder. I have had 3 Bushnells and they just don't last. I just sent mine in to Bushnell and they tell me it will cost more to fix then buy a new one. They offered the Scout DX 1000 ARC for $236. Not sure I want another Bushnell. At a little over $3OO each they should last more then 3 years.

What the heck you doing to them Tom!? ;) Ive had my bushnell yardage pro since it was brand new in 2002 and still works like a champ!... im actually surprised i havent lost it yet.. i will say it seems to be made a lot more durable than some of the newer bushnell models ive seen

What the heck you doing to them Tom!? ;) Ive had my bushnell yardage pro since it was brand new in 2002 and still works like a champ!... im actually surprised i havent lost it yet.. i will say it seems to be made a lot more durable than some of the newer bushnell models ive seen

+1

Sent from my GT-P5113 using IW

My bushnell was a POS too. It worked alright less than 75 yards as it would pick stuff up. For late muzz it sucked though as it did not seem to pick anything up in fields.. My Nikon Riflehunter 550 works awesome.

I've used a wildgame rangefinder for four years now with the same battery and it still hangs yard for yard with both of my brothers high dollar setups.

Nikon. I will post the entire story tomorrow but it is a true testemant to their durability. Nikon 550. I've also got a leupold that stays in the gun safe because the nikon has never let me down. It is a great rangefinder but I just never use the thing

In the spring of 2012 me and my wife were bowhunting turkeys, not sure why we had a rangefinder but anyway it got lost. I wpent countless hours covering a lot of ground looking for it and finally called it quits and chalked it up as a loss.
Fast forward to late june of 2013 and my uncle is re-planting beans in some wet spots that got drowned out and calls me to say he found a rangefinder.
I figured it would be junk from being outside and on the ground for around 14 months and 2 planting seasons, one harvest, disking, cultivating, side dressing, I had bought a new one shortly after I lost it so I wasn't in a hurry to look at it. About a week ago I ran into my uncle and he still had it laying in his farm truck.
It is missing the rubber eye cup and has a scratch on one side of it, I threw it in the sink and gave it a good scrubbing. Took a lens pen and cleaned it up real good. Put a new battery in it and it works just like the day I bought it. I was completely shocked but was also really impressed.
Nikon prostaff 550. I would recommend them to anyone.

I had a Bushnell for my first range finder and had to return it because it would not pick up objects consistently. I got a Nikon instead and it worked flawlessly. 2 years ago I purchased a Bushnell (Chuck Adams) edition and its a POS. when it does lock on a target it will give different readings each time. IMO Bushnell has issues and I think instead of spending millions on endorsements and advertising they should mike sure their product works

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIRASSAULT View Post
What the heck you doing to them Tom!? Ive had my bushnell yardage pro since it was brand new in 2002 and still works like a champ!... im actually surprised i havent lost it yet.. i will say it seems to be made a lot more durable than some of the newer bushnell models ive seen
+1

I have had the same beat up Bushnell for at least 10 years too. It still works fine so I just havent been able to justify a new one. IF swarovski would fix the design on there all in one bino/rangefinder to work for a right handed bowhunter, I'd maybe upgrade.

I own Leupolds I have the RX-600 and the 1000tbr love them both, I owned a bushnell arc 1000 previously but sold it to a friend in need of a rangefinder, I cant say enough how much i love my leupolds they have been on every hunt with me and have survived the dreaded 30 foot treestand drop (ooops) and havent given me any issues.

Nikon. When i harvested my buck in Nov of 2005 in all the excitement I unknowingly left it in the timber. In April of 2006 during turkey season i decided to go back to the area and see if i had left it either at the tree or where i recovered the buck. Turned out it was right where i recovered the buck. Had sat on the forest floor all winter. I thought for sure it was ruined. Picked it up and worked perfectly! I still carry that same rangefinder today and it works perfectly.

Top Bottom