Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Rant

I was always told free for the taking after the deadline by an older Dnr officer quite a few years ago. He said he had tons of stands. I have never taken one down before that wasn't mine.

I was always told free for the taking after the deadline by an older Dnr officer quite a few years ago. He said he had tons of stands. I have never taken one down before that wasn't mine.

If that's the case I could have a trailer full of stands that have been left on public land for well over 5 years now. Monona and Woodbury public grounds are loaded with stands that are now embedded into the trees from being left over the last 5-10 years. It would cause more harm to the tree for me to remove them than to just keep them there now.

I would walk by the stand and shake my head in disappointment. See my JOB title doesn't allow me to punish those for doing illegal actions so I leave the justification of what is right or wrong and how they will be punished up to those go get paid to do that job.

This is where I will disagree with you. It is your "job" to help assist the c.o. in doing his/hers duties. You preach about the c.o. spending their time with better things, well how are they suppose to know about over fishing, shooting out the window ect. that you know are happening? Are you reporting these crimes? It may not be your "job", but it is your responsibility as a decent human being and an outdoorsmen to report these said crimes is it not? In my opinion they "waste" more of there time out searching for these crimes when all someone has to do is call the tip line and report what they are seeing. If they walked/drove all of the state land looking for stands how much time is that wasting? It is much more efficient having the hundreds of shed hunters who already walk the public ground to report back to them is it not?
Well I hope it isn't your stand in there :D because it is coming down Saturday with the help of the c.o. and I. And I don't feel bad for whoever the p.o.s is that's going to lose his stand!

It is a tad irritating to see a stand that has obviously been hanging for years. It's pretty easy to tell between a stand someone just hasn't had time to get down and one no one has plans to take down. To me it's more upsetting when people think they can drive on and park their buggy on state land. Happens all the time around here. Gets more brazen all the time. Had a guy from up the road cross the farm I hunt, enter the state ground, drive 300 yds in, cross the creek and park. Then walk back onto private to hunt. No response to that call which was disappointing. Had a state trooper hunting the farm from another state photograph and document it but never could get anyone to come out....

I would walk by the stand and shake my head in disappointment. See my JOB title doesn't allow me to punish those for doing illegal actions so I leave the justification of what is right or wrong and how they will be punished up to those go get paid to do that job.

This is where I will disagree with you. It is your "job" to help assist the c.o. in doing his/hers duties. You preach about the c.o. spending their time with better things, well how are they suppose to know about over fishing, shooting out the window ect. that you know are happening? Are you reporting these crimes? It may not be your "job", but it is your responsibility as a decent human being and an outdoorsmen to report these said crimes is it not? In my opinion they "waste" more of there time out searching for these crimes when all someone has to do is call the tip line and report what they are seeing. If they walked/drove all of the state land looking for stands how much time is that wasting? It is much more efficient having the hundreds of shed hunters who already walk the public ground to report back to them is it not?
Well I hope it isn't your stand in there :D because it is coming down Saturday with the help of the c.o. and I. And I don't feel bad for whoever the p.o.s is that's going to lose his stand!

Nope it's not my stands left on public as I abide by rules and regulations. Sorry. And i have a job, a family, friends, and a pastime outside of babysitting or micro managing what goes on, on Iowas public land. I'm happy you have no life and are able to babysit guys who hunt your state ground. Maybe that CO willbtake you out for a nice steak dinner for doing such a service to him :moon::D

Ask a local police officer what he thinks.They all have there own opinions too but I would say you are stealing regardless it is still someone else's personal property that they purchased.I have had stands stolen in December the law says 7 days prior & 7 days past.If they leave it out all year put your own up nearby but no reason to steal as far as I am concerned remember it is legal to leave them out from 7 days prior to & 7 days after.If you park your truck on public property & leave it there all year long and I come along and steal it do you think the police will just let me keep it?

Nope it's not my stands left on public as I abide by rules and regulations. Sorry. And i have a job, a family, friends, and a pastime outside of babysitting or micro managing what goes on, on Iowas public land. I'm happy you have no life and are able to babysit guys who hunt your state ground. Maybe that CO willbtake you out for a nice steak dinner for doing such a service to him :moon::D
Don't like to play childish games on the internet but ill make an exception in your case! Yeah I have no life I'm 34 and live in my parents basement and play video games all day, and don't work, you caught me! And no I don't hunt any state ground. I take advantage of other aspects it has to offer. And how is my micro managing at all different then you complaining about a guy catching more than his limit of fish? I'm sure he plans on eating them all. Tree stands damage trees as over fishing can hurt the fish population. Apples to apples, a broken law is a broken law and I think we can both agree on that?

• Deleted by N/A
Show…
Don't like to play childish games on the internet but ill make an exception in your case! Yeah I have no life I'm 34 and live in my parents basement and play video games all day, and don't work, you caught me! And no I don't hunt any state ground. I take advantage of other aspects it has to offer. And how is my micro managing at all different then you complaining about a guy catching more than his limit of fish? I'm sure he plans on eating them all. Tree stands damage trees as over fishing can hurt the fish population. Apples to apples, a broken law is a broken law and I think we can both agree on that?

Don't like to play childish games on the internet he says..........

All someone has to do is look at the last 10 threads you've started; after 10 mins of reading it's easy to see your completely full of brown poo. A law is a law you're absolutely correct however, I don't always wear my seat belt, I don't always drive 55 and definitely had my first drink of alcoholic beverage before I was 21 so I'm sure you get where I'm going with this......

These arguments are getting ridiculous...quit ruining this site.

People used to share 100x more than they share now. I have to believe it is due to all the back and forth BS and Internet policing going on. Come on already!

These arguments are getting ridiculous...quit ruining this site.

People used to share 100x more than they share now. I have to believe it is due to all the back and forth BS and Internet policing going on. Come on already!

X2..........

I f they are left up past the dead line and you are concerned about the tree then simply remove the stand and lay it on the ground at the base of the tree.
That way the owner can still come get their property and you helped a tree and didn't become a thief.

Top Bottom