Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Raping REAP

It would probably be a good time for the DNR to sell it short to an investment group (assuming one could be found...) and cut their losses before it gets worse.

NWBuck

I always thought that Honey creek resort was a joke. About 18 years ago I used to love going down there because it felt like you were really getting away. Anymore you can't get away from anything. I hate developement.

Sell those Governor deer tags at $5000 per tag just one or two years instead of giving them away and the problem would likely be solved ... or the Honey Creek construction debt that is. Many of the individuals receiving those tags would probably consider $5000 simple pocket change ... and they might be willing to help out if they knew the DNR was in a pinch ... maybe.

It is sad to see REAP funds go towards trying to repair a bad decision.

Last edited:
It looks like the DNR just does not know when to quit.

Very sad.

I am not arguing with you Risto, but I think the scope of the problem is bigger than the Iowa DNR. In my book, anytime the government gets involved and "builds" something, this is the type of result one should expect 9 times out of 10.

If there was a market here, (super nice cabins for rent at Lake Rathbun), then let private enterprises fill it. But they never did and the state jumped in and here we go...

I am truly very concerned with our national government potentially on the edge of "building" a national healthcare system. I really think that the downside of that potential is enough to change this country as we know it, and I don't mean for the better.

Small government!!! Let's rally!! :)

Top Bottom