rate for leased land??

B

bikeeagle

Does anyone have an idea what the going rate is for deer lease land?

5-10 for less desirable ground (small draws and more fields).

Top notch is closer to $20-25. I know some goes cheaper BUT average for the premium stuff is getting to $20 and over.

I'm glad I own land, my buddies do some leasing though whether you agree with it or not. I might lease a 160 in SE ia that I have no time for this year (I am swamped!!!) AND I have some major bills to pay for this stuff BUT I've never done that before, who knows.

I hope the piece you're looking at is TOP NOTCH and you get a good price!!! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

I've seen some go as high as 80 bucks an acre but the rates Skip mentioned are probally average. It's like corn ground...if two or more people want it...look out!

It's all about competition and I've seen things get wild and talk spreads like wildfire in small towns...you got what??? I'm gonna ask more for mine then!! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

Yeah, I have buddies that hunt in Illinois and MANY talk about $50+ an acre ground for hunting. So there's a sweet 400 acre piece, I'm sure you'd have $20k just sitting in the wallet! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif Finding a good piece is the hardest part though!!!

Oh man...times are changing fast...I pray for the children that don't have parents that secured land for them to hunt on.

Money, money, money......

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I pray for the children that don't have parents that secured land for them to hunt on.
</div></div>

Yea.. tell me about it... I can't tell you how many times I've BEGGED my dad to buy some hunting ground because I knew it was going to turn out like this. 8-10 years ago, it was easy to just get permission to hunt for free... That's almost non-existant anymore.

That's the way it is around me....You either own it, pay for it, or everyone can hunt it. I know some people don't agree with it but.....That is why I am getting in on leasing here in the front end of this deal. While it is still cheap. The price will only go up.....

I think things will be "OK" as long as there's land that can always be hunted for free, I do worry if that goes away, I hope it doesn't.

I do think it's fair though that if you are willing to pay for top notch ground - you can. It takes tons of MONEY to make and maintain top notch ground. Again- as long as people who can't afford anything still have places to go. I worry most about the kids. I'd lease some land BUT every year I'd always make sure I gave some access to some kids who don't have places to go, had some turkey hunters out this spring who didn't have a place to go that had a ball!

Back