Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Rate the rut

bloodhoundhandler

Drury Outdoors put a post on Facebook asking people to rate this years rut from 1 to 10. One being the worst and ten being the best and to give the dates that you saw the best movement.I thought it would be neat to do it here. I would say for me the 8th was probably the best day for activity for me and I would rate it about a 5

Nov. 9, 10, 11, 17 were my best days. Think they locked down with does 12-16 I would rate the rut an 8.

Tagged out on the 4th of NOV. I think the rut pretty much just was getting underwary on the 3rd or 4th in my area. I will rate it as a 6 on a 1-10 scale.

The 11th was my first sighting of any kind of rutting activity. Saw a little more on the 16th, 17th and 19th. Sitting on stand now and just had a 110" 8 walk by with his nose to the ground. Saw some activity, but nothing like years past. I give it a 4. Pretty sucky.

The Rut? Hmmmm.... October 28th - November 4th was great. 5th-15th Slow in most areas around the midwest if you follow the blogs and articles. Picked up a bit since, but I still wouldn't say it was ever 'on fire'. A lot of nice deer were killed this year, but it seemed they would all come in bunches and than you would have 3-5 day periods with nothing. Crazy year for most people I from what I've heard. I know a bunch of big deer came between the 1st and the 4th though. I would have to give this year a 7. There was action to be had if you could hunt the "right" days.

One thing I didn't put on the original post was that it seemed that the last week of October seemed to be really good this year a few of my friends tagged out on some really nice deer that last week and the few times I got out I saw a little bit of activity including a deer that I saw twice that I would of shot.

Awesome action Nov 7th through the 13th. I would rate it a 9, Always leave room for improvement !! But I am not convinced it is over. . . I think the best is yet to come if you like to sit in a tree and wait for one to show up at noon ! The big boys will be restless soon. I tagged out on the 12th so I guess I am gonna miss it ! GOOD LUCK !

10th-13th for me. I'd give it a 5 or 6, but what do I know...I've only got about 10 seasons of bowhunting to compare it to.

Alright, just got out of my quick morning hunt and by the time it was over, had two different bucks chasing two different does. One buck was nice, the other was really nice (shooter from the little I saw him). This has been the only mature buck movement I've seen all year other than saturday. The only "rut" activity I've seen other than this was little dinkers nosing does around. Do you think I just missed the main event and what I've seen the last few days is the follow up round? Weird, but at least I've finally been able to lay my eyes on a couple of decent boys.

My best days were the last week of october and first week of november. Been really slow since. I would rate the rut a 7 for me. I have seen more big bucks this year than ever and its my own fault I haven't tagged out. (Missed....twice!) This year was the first time I have ever even had the opportunity to draw on a buck older than 2.5

4.. pretty crappy for us plus our best farm was ruined due to neighbors on both sides redoing fences with dozers excavators..the works

I'd say about a 4 for us. It just seems like every prime chance we had to go it was either warm and/or windy. The little bit of "chasing" we did see was pretty subdued, but I have reason to think that on certain cooler days, things were popping pretty good, it's just that we didn't catch those days.

November 8th-11th was awesome. I saw great movement throughout the entire first two weeks of November though. Overall, I'd rate it a 8.5

ktm486 said:
My best days were the last week of october and first week of november. Been really slow since. I would rate the rut a 7 for me. I have seen more big bucks this year than ever and its my own fault I haven't tagged out. (Missed....twice!) This year was the first time I have ever even had the opportunity to draw on a buck older than 2.5

I'm with you there missed a nice one this year and I've had countless opportunities, but couldn't capitalize. I would say 7 or 8.

A 5.5 for me... Only being able to hunt the weekends sucked, it warmed up every weekend I came back. I had a chance at one but just didn't see the deer running like years in the past.

Top Bottom