Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Rattling Antlers

blake

Life Member
When rattling during the pre-rut I like to use big, massive, antlers. I like the sound of a big pair of antlers ringing through the woods.

Sometimes I think that a large pair of rattling antlers scares away some of the young bucks, but that’s ok with me. I am looking for that mature buck anyway.

I like to cut the browtines and antler tips off for my personal safety when rattling and transporting the antlers.

I do however like to use a small set of antlers during the post-rut. I prefer to just tickle the tips of the antlers together as though a couple of bucks are sparring over a late doe.

I am sure that not everyone would agree with my rattling thoughts so please post your preferences so we can all learn.

For the purpose of this poll let’s assume that we are using a matched set of antlers to rattle with.

I use a bag as well......let me rephase.....used to. I have never had luck with rattling. Don't do it at all anymore.

I use about 110" because that's all I got. What does cutting the tines down do? I cut the brow tines off after a couple years of sore fingers.

Cut'n the tines down gives you more of a "club" sound.. Less weak echo, more..boom "lets do this" sound.....and ya dont stab yourself to death when your really get'n after it.

I've got a set of 150's...heavy beam mass with some tine cut off like T.

I'd like to know who uses 190 class sheds....Anything over 160 class sheds of mine never come out of the basement...I can't bear the thought of direct sunlight on the chocolate.

Saskguy said:
I've got a set of 150's...heavy beam mass with some tine cut off like T.

I'd like to know who uses 190 class sheds....Anything over 160 class sheds of mine never come out of the basement...I can't bear the thought of direct sunlight on the chocolate.

Dang, why ya gotta rub in the Chocolate part! (yelling at my dog to "move" as I storm away from the computer)

Top Bottom