Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

rattling question or two ??

moosehunter

PMA Member
muddy already started a post about some rattling but I thought I'd start another with some questions.

I've not had great success with rattling. Is it a good or bad idea to rattle when you know where a buck is? Like having one hang around your stand just out of range for 30 minutes only to dissapear intro the brush. Then try to rattle him back.

Is there a cetain time that it's more effective? Like say an hour before dark, or just before dark when your sure they are up and moving.

Also, I see Muddy tried lightly clicking them together and got good response. But Central heard some hard fightin' going on. Would it be better this time of year to try it lightly or really rattle hard??

Boy, I wished I had them with last night.................Triple double dang..
bawling.gif
wtf.gif
cursing[1].gif

if i ever have a buck hang up i'll only tickle them together and that's only if i'm positive he can't see me and if he's far enough away that he won't be able to tell that the sounds are coming from 25 feet up!! this time of year it's always hit and miss and rattling depends greatly on the buck to doe ratio. one area that i hunt i always have great succes with rattling, others i do not. i will not rattle hard until november unless i'm in an area that has super good aggressive buck sign, then i let 'em have it!!

Top Bottom