Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Rattling vs Grunting

camo658

Which do you prefer when the going gets tough and make things happen?

Which have you found more reliable?

For me, I'll have to say the horns to really help things pick up.

Last edited:
X2 on the horns love the way it gets everything going, but I have had bucks run in so fast to catch me hanging up the horn.

Rattling hands down. I've never drawn in a buck soley with grunting that I didn't already know was there. I use grunting to close the gap from 100 yards +

they work in conjunction, in my opinion they work better when used together....

Two years ago I rattled in the buck I shot, last year I grunted in the buck i shot from about 100 yards. This is just my 4th year bowhunting so they have both been effective for me. I don't use either very much, I mainly just sit because I'm afraid doing either one could get me picked off by a deer I don't see or spook more deer than anything.

Well, I think most of us believe in blind rattling (sounds funny), but not so much in doing the same with grunting if we can't see the buck.

What about doe bleats? I did one like 15 minutes before last light and not even two minutes late a small spike grunting at a doe came into the field behind me from the CRP.

Rattling seems to really get em goin at certain times and I agree that the grunt can close the distance of the buck. Works well when used together for me. Sometimes the doe bleet as well when the buck is just following and doesn't seem to care about the grunt.

Top Bottom