Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Rattling???

Side note- some of it OBVIOUSLY depends on WHERE you are. Doe/buck rations, deer population, age structures, etc. You could have one piece where you rattle in a couple every day and another where you can rattle every day for 2 weeks and never have one come in.
Ever notice how much more effective rattling is in Texas? I know Iowa has some areas that are better and some that are worse depending on above.

Well I tried some rattling saturday morning. Started off just tickling them together then got a little harder with them. I only did it about 1 minute or so. After about 15-20 minutes small eight came in, not sure if it was from rattling or he was just passing though. Thanks for everyone advise..

I have rattled in a pile of 1.5-2.5 year old bucks and only a couple of shooters over the years. The shooters have came to rattling after the peak of the rut.
This maybe and is likely due to the fact that I spend more time hunting this phase of the season due to coaching football and being in the playoffs nearly every year for the past umpteen years.

In the case of the shooters...I pounded the antlers together with everything I had for as long as my thumbs could take the beating...mixed in some grunts and bleats...and think that some snort/wheeze action would make it all the more realistic.

Top Bottom