Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Rattling?

I'll let you know Monday. Not much luck so far (some lil bucks) but from now on it should just get better with each day.

been doing a little in the mornings and bringing in some small bucks but nothing worth shooting. it is getting better each day

A friend of mine rattled one in and shot it almost 3 weeks ago. Kind of like turkeys...catch one in the mood and it will come.

It must be too early where I am in central Iowa. I figured I'd give it a go, just lightly hitting them since last night I saw a dink chasing a doe in the picked bean field I have a blind made by and since last week Sunday there were a three little dinks out sparring. I didn't try it until I saw a buck and he was too far and I could tell he wasn't going to come within range. My blind I made is in the corner of a beanfield, it looks like an "L" with me being in the corner. A decent buck came out and instead of working along the edge he just took a 45 degree angle right through the middle so I tried rattling hoping he'd come my way. I was disappointed to say the least when he turned and ran off instead.

big boy`s aren`t bitting right now. the more pre-rut sign you see the better your chances.

I have had no luck rattling personally yet but I have 3 hunting friends this weekend that rattled in 150" deer each. One killed the 160" he rattled in this morning, the other is tracking a 150" buck that he shot from the ground tonight while rattling. The other had a 150" buck come to the rattle and bed down on the edge of the bean field about 45 yards, a doe came by and he took off grunting and chasing hard

Buddy rattled in & shot a 150" on Saturday - I hit them hard tonight just before dark and a giant came running in, of course just down wind & he turned and left real quick.

I'm in SW Iowa...got my first buck yesterday! 130'' 8 point.

Neither I or my buddy (bow hunting for a 150+) did not have much luck rattling in any the last two weekends. Even just a grunt wasn't enough most times. But both of us had great luck with a snort-wheeze... A grunt followed by a snort-wheeze made 'em come at you like they were on a string...

Yesterday morning, had 2 bobcats at 10 yds. and two bucks in an all out brawl at 20yds. Pretty neat to be outdoors! Could've done without the rain last week though...

Rattled in 5 bucks Sat. morning and 5 this morning. Biggest was mid-upper 140's. Had bucks chasing does in the timber this morning too. The chasing phase has officially started in NE Iowa IMO.

I rattled my buck in Saturday night. I did some light to medium rattling, but tired not to get too agressive with it. Did some grunts just before rattling and then sat quiet. He came in within 10 minutes from behind me. My brother had a big 8 charge in on him the Saturday before by Ames. Right timing with the right buck and it will pay off.

I brought a dandy in on a string Friday night with a light sequence. I think now's the time to start smackin em together...

Top Bottom