Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Rattling

thephatchef

PMA Member
I don't know if I've seen anything on here about this. If there is, sorry for the repost. When is it too late to stop rattling? I'm going out tomorrow and Friday and am wondering if it is too late.

I have not had much luck with it once the rut hits hard, or after it. I know others have luck with it during peak and post rut, but I am probably done rattling for the year.

I haven't had luck with it during peak rut either, but around Thanksgiving I have. I have always wondered how many deer avoid my hunting area because of rattling. Maybe a doe that would drag a buck along.....hard to say though.

I had the same question Monday I had a nice twelve point 40 yards behind me in a field my stand is in the woods 20 yards I rattled an grunted at him was interested just not enough to come on in. He chased her around the field after that it has crossed my mind if I pushed her away from coming on like she was heading? Any thoughts??

When I see a buck I use rattling as a last resort when he's turning and leaving, sometimes it brings them back sometimes it doesn't but I always like to see what the buck has planned before I try fooling him. Either way there's a lot of second guessing in this sport when things don't work out.

Hunted the same place this afternoon had three doe come by, about twenty min I hear something running it was a small 6 coming from the way they had gone nose to the ground at a steady pace. Maybe ghost will show his face again tomorrow am!!

Top Bottom