Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

record books

MadisonB&C

I have to ask this question simply out of curiousity:
How many of you have your bucks officially scored and entered into the record books?

That said, good luck to everyone bowhunting, and for the gun-hunters, I hope the next few weeks fly by.
wavey.gif

Never have, never will. Nothing wrong with it though. I hunt for the thrill of hunting and the adrenaline rush, and meat on the table not for my name in lights. Although I've shot several that would make it, I've also shot several that wouldn't and the rush was still just as exciting.
Pupster

All of the deer that I've been fortunate to have taken are in P&Y or the Iowa DNR's record books, no B&Cs darn it. Also have several turkeys entered with the NWTF.

I would like to remind everyone the books are for honoring the animal, not the hunter who was priviledged to harvest it.

If you ever get the chance to read the record books there are very interesting stories about the history of the clubs, explorers and conservationists.

Allamakee Grand Slam

SCORE IS BASED ON A SET OF STANDARDS SET BY A BOARD--IT IS STILL THE ONLY MEASURE WE HAVE FOR COMPARISON.. GRANTED, SCORE SOMETIMES IS DECEIVING--BUT IT IS STILL A BENCHMARK.THE DAYS OF ''I SAW A BIG ONE'' ARE LONG GONE.. NOW IF I TELL YOU I SAW A 150 CLASS TYP 10 POINTER, THE REST IS PRETTY EASY VISUALIZE. RIGHT? I KNOW OF SEVERAL PEOPLE WHO SHOOT THESE GIANTS AND THROW EM IN A PILE IN THE BACK OF THE GARAGE--WHAT A DISGRACE TO THE FALLEN....IF YOU ARE FORTUNATE ENOUGH TO HARVEST A MEASURABLE ANIMAL AND TAKE THE TIME TO HAVE IT SCORED, AT LEAST HAVE THE COMMON COURTESY TO REGISTER THE TROPHY. OFFICIAL SCORERS GIVE UP THEIR FREE, YES FREE, TIME TO ADMIRE YOUR TROPHY--THE LEAST YOU COULD DO IS PUT IT IN THE BOOKS. M350 OUT

Top Bottom